Genetically Modified Markets - Why F with what works

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

Recessions and crashes are a NORMAL healthy part of a strong economy and vital part of capitalism.

WHY in the world is the government fucking around with the normal business cycle ?

Recession = Growth - it's natural and healthy.

http://www.wikinvest.com/image/Econ1.jpg

I use to think the Bush administration were bumbling idiots but now I know they are just outright FOOLS and America will pay for many years to come for this idiocy.

2. gnome

gnome

I think the REAL reason is that a recession would bring MONSTROUS deficits into focus and into the public eye.

Bush has been THE MOST PROFLIGATE DEFICIT SPENDER and doesn't want to be held accountable.

3. Mecro

Mecro

It is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE to eliminate or even significantly lower the deficit under the current monetary system. When you understand this, you will see the light.
    The Gummint spending & deficit is a symptom not the cause.

Bush is just the family screw-up who is doing a Public Relations job. There is a good reason why he is President, he is the perfect scapegoat with his semi retarded demeanor.

Those expenditures have been planned for years prior to 2000.

4. but frat boys and jocks all lurrrrrve george bush

5. Joab

Joab

This I agree with whole heatedly but why do you say the system is broke?

Clinton ran a surplus in the same system.

Canada has a surplus with a similar system.

To my mind the expensive / useless WAR was the economy killer.

Why aren't Americans holding him responsible for this price tag??

6. Joab

Joab

Ummmmmm I don't think so!

From what I understand he was the class buffoon in school and was a weasel.

As a jock I probably would have beat him up just for looking so stupid.

7. Mecro

Mecro

No he NEVER had a surplus. Why are you people so gullible? He simply put the deficit in the footnotes. He did not even have an operational surplus, he just moved around inter-government debt.

I don't know about Canada, and I don't think their system is the same. Plus, there is a reason so many Canadians come to the US.