Getting a new dog today.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jnbadger, Aug 9, 2021.

1. tango29

tango29

I took the same picture 3 weeks ago, while trying to sleep in on a Saturday.

#11     Aug 10, 2021
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

Lol. Goofballs is a great way to put it. There were times I would call Brewster a dork, and he would look at me like "Dude, seriously? Are you not the dork". I would just say Yes, Yes I am, and go about my business and let him chase squirrels. Wow, the old memories are flooding back.

#12     Aug 10, 2021
  3. I had to have one of my dogs put down once. One of the worst days I have ever experienced. :(

#13     Aug 10, 2021
    jnbadger likes this.
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

I'm sorry about that. I am glad the doggie would still be cared for and loved though. As you said, there are plenty of doggies out there, if you wish to have another, you can always pick one.

It's what we did after we lost both our dog and our cat. We were not ready for a new dog, but we just took in a stray kitty off the street. Today she's a happy lapcat that I brush every day.

#14     Aug 12, 2021
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

His daughters love the dog. It's a story book ending. I'm just very happy for them. And although I'm kind of a cat guy, ours has always been pretty angry. But we are getting along nicely. She will look at me with her angry face, jump in my lap, and be the sweetest girl. She's awesome.

#15     Aug 12, 2021
  6. destriero

destriero

What breed? Another Lab? We have a couple Mini Poos after 30Y of Newfies.

#16     Aug 12, 2021
  7. dog 1.jpg

#17     Aug 14, 2021
    SPX Options Trader likes this.
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

Hahaha, yes, cats can be like that. My current cat - that we picked up off the street - is a total gremlin (that also has a habit of stealing waffles :D), but at some point I realized that all her airs and aggression are out of fear because of whatever life she lived as a street cat. When she's not afraid she's super sweet - she likes it when I hold her entire head when she falls asleep. A friend of mine dubbed it "the hat of safety".

#18     Aug 16, 2021
  9. When I move, get a new home, as much as I love dogs....I plan to get a pair of Siamese cats.
    I sometimes see a Siamese cat cross my backyard/room window...I'm mesmerized by its vivid blue eyes, intelligence, class, charming cute face and body coat. I want to pick it up to hold and squeeze and pet, buy I'm sure it will run away.

#19     Aug 24, 2021
  10. Siamese cats can be mean. I had one once. Don't pick it up, it might yank out one of your eyes.

#20     Aug 26, 2021
    Overnight likes this.