Getting a new dog today.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jnbadger, Aug 9, 2021.

1. tango29

tango29

The one standing is the one that has a bite history and unfortunately we need to pass. I would be worried about a kid coming up on a walk and doing what kids do and getting bit. The other is only 4 months old and we go to meet her and 2 of her sisters Sunday. I wanted to get there earlier, but with the wife's schedule and I'm out of town at the end of the week we can't get there earlier. The 3 sisters maybe gone by then, but that is good for them if so.

#41     Sep 14, 2021
  2. socool

socool

Those are pretty dogs.

#42     Sep 15, 2021
  3. This thread is wholesome <3

#43     Sep 15, 2021
  4. tango29

tango29

Well, it will be no dog for the moment. We went to meet the other puppy, and the lady and her daughter were all set to have us take home that day. They were loudly whispering, kind of obnoxiously, that we were a great fit and she would be going to a good home. I mentioned that we would like to go home and double check our arrangements for our neighbor and sons to watch the puppy and our Jackson while we went to Alabama to visit another son at the end of October. I guess that was the wrong thing to say out loud. When I called to say yes, she told me that since we weren't certain of our plans for care that they were going to keep looking for a different person to adopt. More than a little pissed off, I clearly said I just wanted to verify we were good and she seems to have gone off the deep end about our caring for her. So, from take her home today, to no we don't think this will work.

#44     Oct 1, 2021
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

I was not to be. I'm sorry. There are so many other doggies out there in need of a home though, I am sure you'll find one eventually.

#45     Oct 1, 2021