God is...

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imaginary friends do not leave behind a mountain of evidence of their existence. Imaginary friends also don't accurately predict the future hundreds and thousands of years into the future.

God created the universe in such a way that the evidence of design can be seen everywhere one looks. God has also told people what would happen in the future and He has a perfect record of accurately foretelling the future.

God is not imaginary, but to ignore the evidence of His existence requires one to choose to imagine that all things came into existence from nothing and that design came from randomness.

UNTO US (OFFICIAL VIDEO) | THE LIVING STONES QUARTET

#371     Dec 4, 2021
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  2. Are there any biblical scholars on here specializing in ontological proofs?

#372     Dec 4, 2021
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  3. stu

stu

"biblical scholars"..."specializing in ontological proofs"

oxymoron

#373     Dec 4, 2021
    isabellavillareal likes this.
  4. The biblical literature asserts the existance of god but is silent on the phenomenological ontology so I see no contradiction.

#374     Dec 4, 2021
  5. stu

stu

I'm sorry but I don't see the point you are making.

In context of the batshit philosophical doctrine that states objective reality is not to be considered, the Bible isn't silent but chock full of a particular phenomenological nonsense, so I still don't see how you are using the word proofs in the same sentence as biblical.

Then there's ontology which is after all, just another philosophical approach in the same way requiring no proofs

In those contexts the word scholar also grates, as it is not normally considered appropriate when associated with the study of bullshit.

In my view you may as well inquire: Are there any Beauty and the Beast scholars on here specializing in ontological proofs?

[​IMG]

#375     Dec 5, 2021
  6. I haven't noticed anyone matching that description posting around here.

#376     Dec 5, 2021
  7. God is Who He is.png

#377     Dec 5, 2021

8. If There Was No God by Acappella

#378     Dec 5, 2021

9. Acapella - To Him Who Sits on the Throne

Revelation 5: 1-14

5 Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, 4 and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5 And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne. 8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying,

“Worthy are you to take the scroll
    and to open its seals,
    for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation,
    10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,
    and they shall reign on the earth.”

11 Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice,

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
    to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might
    and honor and glory and blessing!”

13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying,

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
    be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

14 And the four living creatures said, “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

#379     Dec 5, 2021

10. The Secret Power in Prayer! - Charles Spurgeon Sermons
    Originally preached on January 8, 1888 by Charles Spurgeon. He is sometimes called, "The Prince of Preachers."

Listened to this sermon this evening. I've heard it before. It's a good reminder to remain close to the Lord and that His intervening in my life is directly related to my pursuit of that closeness.

A verse not mentioned in the video but that has a similar truth is James 4: 8, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." Below is the verse in the context of the surrounding verses:

...“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
    Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
    Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.
    Cleanse your hands, you sinners,
    and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
    Grieve, mourn, and weep.
    Turn your laughter to mourning, and your joy to gloom.
    Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.
    James 4:6b-10​

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    #380     Dec 5, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.