God is...

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. userque

userque

Is that a denial as to the questions? No comment on the other points? (The Satan comment was more for smiles than debate.)

#31     Aug 3, 2021
  2. cesfx

cesfx

God is.... anything but what men made religions tell you He/She is.

Is there anything holy and spiritual about trading and making money out of someone else pocket?
    My gain / your loss, zero sum game?
    Do you pray for your trades?

#32     Aug 3, 2021
  3. tomorton

tomorton

No comment on the other points from me at this time.

#33     Aug 3, 2021
    userque likes this.
  4. %%
    YOU + others may want to look @ some more evidence;
    Faith is the evidence[title deed] Hebrews 11;1a Amplified Class Bible.
    I think it was Coke or Pespi that had the ad campaign ''The Pause That Refreshes[Selah= the Bible word/ in Psalms for that]
    Dasani water [Coke Product] ad ==Treat Yourself Well'' source Holy Bible:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution: + WSJ. P
    physical compulsion never works for Christianity; super natural physical healing has. iIgot saved first + got supernatural healing later/\ some do the inverse .

#34     Aug 9, 2021
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  5. I'll add to this that answers to prayer can be a very strong help to faith, both for believers and unbelievers. There are many stories of unbelievers having emergency prayers answered. Not everyone becomes a Christian after. But I do find it interesting that God can and does sometimes answers the prayers of those who don't believe in Him.

Does God always do what we ask Him to? We need to ask for things, only if it is God's will for Him to give them to us. This is what Jesus did when He prayed in the garden just before He was arrested, when He asked His Father not to have to go through with the suffering He was about to endure:

Father, if You are willing, take this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done.
    Luke 22:42 BSB

Someone might think that adding "only if it's God's will" might just lead to a lame excuse for not getting answers to prayer, because you just say, well, it must not have been God's will. However, I have found that even when praying for things, only if they are God's will, there are many, many answers to prayer I have experienced. Many of these were things that were not likely to happen on their own.

Based on answers to prayer alone, my faith in God is pretty much unshakeable. Trying to put it in terms more easy to understand: if you have a conversation with a friend and mention to them that you really need to eat lunch, and he/she hands you their lunch and says, here, eat mine, you would have not only the memory of the conversation, but the physical lunch to prove the conversation happened. If later in the day, someone else came along, heard you say that you had a conversation with your friend and ate the lunch he/she had given you, but this person didn't believe this friend existed, you would know that you are either completely delusional, imagining things taking place that haven't, or this person does exist. Your memory is telling you that this friend of yours does exist and you have come to know them as your friend. But the stronger proof is the leftovers and packaging from the lunch. Upon examining them you see that your friend happens to package their lunches with a unique stamp...lunch date and time made and initials of the friend's name. Unusual, sure, but nevertheless, you now have evidence that this conversation between you and your friend did take place and he/she gave you the lunch.

God's miracles/answers to prayer sometimes look like things that might have happened anyways, and you can always wonder if it would have happened anyways. But I and many, many others have experienced some answers to prayer in ways that I can only explain as definitely NOT the normal course of expected events. There have been times when I have seen a small "miracle" take place. How can you explain the quiet thoughts of petition to God and immediately...like sometimes within minutes, answers to those prayers....in unexpected ways? It would be one thing if the answers came in a natural course of events, easily explained by probabilities, but there have been many times in my life that God has worked way outside of what would have been normal probability, and soon after expressing a desire to Him about a situation, just like you were sharing a concern with another person, he listened and provided you with a solution.

One note of caution I will add: there are MANY false teachers proclaiming they are physically healing many through God's power, and that is something I would personally run away from. Jesus commanded Christians to share about His death, resurrection and the forgiveness of sins through His name, but He didn't command Christians to hold healing services. Not to say there isn't a place for having Christians pray together for healing for an individual. There's a fine line here, but I just want to caution that just as in every other area of life, that something that is good (in this case, that God can and sometimes does heal in answer to prayer), has been corrupted by people, and is being used as a tool by Satan to bring much disappointment to those promised healing but it didn't happen and mockery of God because those false healers are using His name to do that which is not from Him.

Many will say to Me in that the day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’ Matthew 7:22, 23 BSB

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    #35     Aug 9, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. %%
    MOST all of my healings were not in a mass miracle meeting.BUT so many examples of healing in OT, New testament/Dr Luke's gospel also
    NOT all of Gods mass miracles are healing;
    he strikes a death blow with disease, earthquakes, hailstones, confusion where the arabs+ commies kill each other, fire + brimstone [sulfer]// flood in such a way that many nations convert/get saved ,in attempted Israel invasion .Ezekiel 38, 39/perfect prophesy

#36     Aug 9, 2021
  7. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Since I am not from that time period and I cannot say what happened, I do not get involved with he said she said discussions, Its about faith and not proof because there is very little proof to work with, but I can say that there were excavations and some crucifix nails have been found in wooden boxes with the remains of Jewish high priests, the nails are said to be a good luck charm.

#37     Aug 10, 2021
  8. Although it is about faith, it is not blind faith. There are so many, especially on these threads, that think it is a blind faith, that I just want to clarify this.

There are many reasons to believe in the validity of the Bible. I've already mentioned them all over these threads, so I won't repeat them. But from God's perspective, as revealed in the Bible, He expects that there is enough evidence plainly seen that each person should search for Him. He searches all hearts to see if any do seek Him. The tendency of our hearts is to prefer to suppress the truths about Him that we do encounter. Here are verses to support all of this:

God looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. Psalm 53:2​

I, the LORD, search the heart; I examine the mind to reward a man according to his way, by what his deeds deserve. Jeremiah 17:10​

For the eyes of the LORD roam to and fro over all the earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are fully devoted to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. Psalm 19:1

There is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. Romans 3:12

All things were created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:16

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance? Romans 2:1-3

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:18-20
    Jesus made a very interesting (to me) statement, showing that the one who desires to do the Father's will, will understand that the Son was speaking the truth. Here is that verse: If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching, whether it is from God, or I speak from Myself. John 7:17

Another "proof" that Jesus was pictured in the Old Testament:

John 3: 14, 15, "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him."​

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    #38     Aug 10, 2021
  9. %%
    Good practical points.
    Faith is the title deed/\Hebrews11;1 Amplified Classic Bible.
    ANY one that has bought real estate knows what that means[aka= deed of trust...........................................................................................................

#39     Aug 12, 2021
  10. Rev 4 pic to use.jpg

#40     Aug 14, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.