GOLF

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

I always envision the club face moving across the ball inside-out... opposite of a slice.

I like having a slight hook to
    my shots. Not a nasty hook into the woods, a slight hook that shows good control and allows me to aim right a bit, so that it hooks slightly left into the fairway.

It's a sexy powerful stroke.

#321     May 16, 2021
  2. LacesOut

LacesOut

David Leadbetter always says ‘good golfers fight their hooks’. If you can control your hook and make it a draw, you are doing something right.

#322     May 16, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 and kmiklas like this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Correct. If you have a hook, you're in a much better position to get to a useful swing than if you have a slice. Would be interested to hear if Baron is suffering from a slice or hook. His hands were a little far away from his body earlier which would be more apt to cause a slice unless he pulls them in on the downswing---don't know.

#323     May 22, 2021
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Golf is a lot like trading;

You have a people who couldn't make a living playing the game offering up advice that they read somewhere else. :rolleyes:

#324     May 22, 2021
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

My issue isn't slicing or hooking. My primary issue is that I throw my hips forward too much in my downswing and I push the ball dramatically to the right sometimes. The flight path is pretty straight, but the ball is heading into the trees. :D

#325     May 24, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

#326     May 24, 2021
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

Yesterday hit the links and started TRIPLE TRIPLE TRIPLE.
    Fuck.
    Then I went BIRDIE PAR PAR PAR.
    Fuck this game.

#327     May 24, 2021
  8. destriero

destriero

You and Butt1Sex2 hit the mini golf?

#328     May 24, 2021
  9. mac

mac

Oh! I like this thread. Greetings.

I work on my golf game a lot! Going lower every year.
    Goal for this year is to break 90.

So far the biggest improvement I’m getting is from keeping my left arm as straight as possible on backswing and downswing.I watch a lot of slow motion videos and that’s what it appears their doing. I have good upper trunk rotation. It’s almost as if I don’t have to move my left arm in the downswing,my upper body rotation seems to do most of the work.

I was wondering if anyone else uses this method? What is your thought process concerning your left arm? Haven’t seen an instructional video that addresses this.

Also keeping my right elbow close to my body on the downswing helped me a lot, I noticed my drives were much straighter. I currently drive the ball around 230 yds. I also try to flatten my swing plane a tad.

#329     Jun 2, 2021
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Lead arm straight is critical to strong ball striking.

#330     Jun 3, 2021