GOLF

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. I can relate
    Putting.jpg

#331     Jul 25, 2021
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Tremendous driving video---well explained and demonstrated--

#332     Oct 4, 2021
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This one is excellent as well. He does repeat some of the items from the above lesson but it's very worthwhile. Paddy breaks it down for amateurs which you don't normally see-

#333     Oct 6, 2021
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

#334     Nov 17, 2021
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Excellent video! These tips, when implemented, help get rid of "blocking" like Baron was speaking of and enables the club face to square up to target and also get the ball in the air with less backpsin.

#335     Nov 17, 2021
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That was a good video. I'm not familiar with that guy but he seems like a good teacher. I wished someone had taught me that handshake method 20 years ago.

#336     Nov 17, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Back-spin control is good, but back-pain control is better.
    Be careful on the driving range....

#337     Nov 17, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The part of the video that was the most helpful to me was the part where he has you position the pit of your trail elbow face up. This helped me get a lot in getting rid of hooks and slices.

#338     Nov 23, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

I was never told that, but I think I figured this out for myself back in the day. I would open up the club-face (driver) when addressing the ball prior to my back-swing to achieve this. I experimented with a square club-face, and just rolling my hands before locking in my grip, but I could never get that to work.

The trick was closing the club-face on the downswing immediately before making contact with the ball. A billionth of a second too late and the ball went left, but in a straight line. I worked on the timing forever. It yields a very powerful drive, and it was in fact what cured my slice off the tee. I never had a problem with a hook, never, but I could slice a ball like all get out and if there was a strong headwind, I swear the thing would be like an Australian boomerang. It wouldn't land behind me lol, but it sure didn't go very far, and that was IF it stayed in play.
    But yeah, I didn't watch the video but that sounds about right.

#339     Nov 23, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. deaddog

deaddog

I can hit every shot in the book. Hook, draw, straight ball, fade, slice, high or low. I just don't know when.

#340     Nov 23, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 and vanzandt like this.