GOLF

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D
    Good one.
    Sounds like something Yogi Berra would say.
    I never heard that.
    Did you just come up with it?

#341     Nov 23, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

A guy I play with mentions it 2 or 3 times a round.

#342     Nov 23, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I believe that facing the trail arm elbow pit skyward, it likely leads into the handshake that he describes which squares the clubface.

#343     Nov 23, 2021
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Hopefully you are not in the same cart.

#344     Nov 23, 2021
  5. deaddog

deaddog

Cart? Is it really a sport if you can drive to your ball? :D

#345     Nov 23, 2021
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Bobby Jones----A brilliant golf swing. What I like is how he is already turning his body forward while the club head is still headed backwards so he can whip the club head forward like snapping a wet towel. In addition, he gets his back fully, and even more than fully, towards the target in his backswing. This allows him to clear his hips in the swing.

#346     Nov 30, 2021
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

B1!!!!
    Why no updates?

See... I told ya so. Get obsessed with that driver... it's a rabbit hole. As long as you can hit it straight a decent distance, that's all that matters. Ditto the long irons. You're only gonna break 80 if you master 175 yards in. Didn't I tell you that from the start? ;)

#347     Aug 20, 2022
  8. LacesOut

LacesOut

90448FE1-49C6-4457-9D87-17B2FC1FEEA3.jpeg

#348     Aug 20, 2022
    vanzandt likes this.
  9. LacesOut

LacesOut

Let me tell you a story about golf injury. I’ve always had aches and pains from a round of golf. No big deal.

A few weeks ago I’m playing and for some reason I’m hooking the ball terribly. Like 50 yards to the right. Horrendous. Something I don’t every normally do (my err shots tends to slice, especially on drives).
    So I’m hooking at every fucking hole, having the worst round in years.

next morning I wake up a my left hip and thigh hurt more than usual.
    (I swing lefty so my back leg).
    Friday I wake up and I’m now limping.
    Saturday I wake up and I’m REALLY limping.
    What the fuck is going on here.

Sunday morning I’m writhing in pain in bed. Can’t sleep because the pain just lying there is so terrible. I can’t walk. Can’t climb stairs. If my house was on fire or I had to carry my kid I wouldn’t have been able to. Insane pain like I’ve never experienced. Really scary shit.
    From fucking golf.

Went to an physio Monday - it was feeling 10% better. And it progressively got better in the days that followed.

But holy fuck - Greater Trochantic Pain Syndrome. Tensor Fascia Latae. IT Band. Something got wrecked.

I must not have been turning my hips AT ALL which would explain the hook and why my back thigh/hip got so wrenched.

#349     Aug 20, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Time to switch to bowling, where there's no hip rotation.

#350     Aug 20, 2022