GOLF

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. What are you using to measure SS? Adding 20 MPH is phenomenal. That's 45-50 yards more carry.

#71     Apr 9, 2019
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I use 2 different devices. One is the Swing Speed Radar that I use in the net at home and I use the Swing Caddie SC 200 onthe course

#72     Apr 9, 2019
  3. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

Highly doubt a guy his age added 20mph swing speed. More to the point, if a guy hypothetically adds 20mph and still can't break 90, then there isn't much use for it.

Put 20 mph of swing speed into perspective. The variance between slowest swing speed on the PGA Tour to fastest is roughly 20mph (averaged out over a season). Off the top of my head, it would be something like Matt Kuchar to Dustin Johnson differential. Maybe 107-127.

Realistically, seems far fetched. Although if a complete novice, 80-100 mph might be plausible.

#73     Apr 9, 2019
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I think I may experiment with a little shorter driver shaft. Right now I am at 46" but I notice that I actually had better swing speed when I was using a 45" previously. --I would think that the 46" would suit me well since I am 6'3" but I do have long arms and perhaps I need something shorter. --With regard to swing speed, I generally start the year out much lower than I eventually end up at with repetition etc after the winter layoff.

#74     Apr 10, 2019
  5. RRY16

RRY16

Please play Golf in a lightning storm..Thank you in advance.

#75     Apr 11, 2019
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

"The Good Lord would never disrupt the best game of B1's life".

#76     Apr 11, 2019
    RRY16 likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Izzy... you are so friggin stubborn. Its just like your trading. I told you once in this thread already, "swing half as fast and hit it twice as far". You're not a pro. Quit worrying about stupid stuff or you will NEVER break 85.

Worrying about how far your drive goes is the number one attribute of a chop. 40 extra yards off the tee means absolutely nothing if you wank it into the lumberyard. (RRY owns 3 of them)

The driver is the hardest club in the bag to hit well. Not only are you never going to master it... you are going to f up your back over time trying to kill the ball hitting 100 balls with your 45" driver at the range each day.

Worry about hitting the ball straight and work on your skills around and on the green if you want to score well. That's where the money's at.

Of course you won't. You're obsessed with the driver. Just like every other weekend chop.
    Its just like your trading. Stubborn af.

#77     Apr 11, 2019
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Today, by positioning my back foot a little farther forward, I was able to pivot around my back leg a little better and was able to further increase swing speed consistency and actually finish the swing more completely. I like this even though it initially felt somewhat awkward, but I will keep this in my game. --A couple of 245 yd carry drives today.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    #78     Apr 11, 2019
  9. RRY16

RRY16

#79     Apr 12, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I discovered a major flaw yesterday in my swing and corrected it on the 11th hole. I shot 49 on the front nine and 44 on the back nine. --The flaw was this--- I was starting my back swing with my hands and not my body first. This was robbing me of swing speed and also complete follow through. Once I initiated my back swing with my hips I played much better----longer and straighter.

#80     Apr 16, 2019