GOOG caught eavesdropping on users - for the U.S. government

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Feb 2, 2023.

1. From the article:

Since leaked documents revealed that Internet companies like Apple, Facebook and Google were giving the National Security Agency vast access to people's online information under a scheme codenamed PRISM, those Silicon Valley titans have taken pains to deny participation in such a program.

But now, the NSA's top lawyer says that just isn't true.

When asked at a hearing on Wednesday whether tech companies knew about and assisted with PRISM's data collection, Rajesh De, the NSA's general counsel, said "Yes."

"PRISM is just an internal government term that as a result of the leaks, became a public term," De said.

"So [tech companies] know that their data is being obtained?" James Dempsey, a member of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, asked in a follow-up question.

"They would have received legal process in order to assist the government." De said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nsa-prism-tech-companies_n_4999378

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. TheDawn

TheDawn

OMG!!! So much for getting a court order for putting surveillance on people. LOL Yes, NSA you fucker!! I said it. Stop snooping on my ET activities!!!

MarkBrown likes this.
  3. uncle sam can ram the prism up his ass

TheDawn and Mr.Richter like this.
  4. %%
    NOT to worry\ as a concrete example\ META\FB pays a $725 million in class action lawsuit for that . And did not the EC slap FB -meta with an elephant size fine also??:caution::caution:

5. TheDawn

TheDawn

Be careful, you are not getting the social credit with that statement.

This is why they have to throw Edward Snowden in jail because he spoke the absolute truth. It's interesting though that those IT companies sold their users out and provided NSA the access and NSA turned out and sold those IT companies out and totally threw them under the bus. LOL This is I guess why you do not ever trust spies.

MoreLeverage and MKTrader like this.
  6. i was fired from yahoo for threatening to blow the whistle on Snowden like activities..2010.. was hired the dame day the lhc started up again after going offline after an accident. it was super obvious at least to me but then again im a genius .. its all good, turns out government employees are actually slaves and info about people is not equal to the people. when i was fired the lhc logbook mentioned me by my nickname within ten seconds.. "Crowbar fired for module trip in sector m2b1.. will be back in two weeks". supposedly an actual crowbar fuse blew on a high voltage link... the coincidence was far more than a mere coincidence.. my workplace was in richardson texas next to raytheon opticals office.. lhc in switzerland.. nonlocal acausal influences indeed

MKTrader likes this.
  7. ill eat a spy for breakfast. im like a volunteer black ops guy who has wannabees slurp up his info cause they cant comprehend how hes knowing what he does

8. GoldDigger

GoldDigger

What else is new?

Haven't you heard about ECHELON.

This has been going on for DECADES.

And Google has been tracking people's
    whereabouts/movements through their
    cell phones for years.

They harvest various data and sell it to
    other companies.

If you installed any sort of tracking or
    listening devices in your home, like
    Google Assistant or Alexa, you need
    to have your head examined, or get
    with the program and find out what
    is really going on.

stochastix likes this.
  9. I dunno, i thought Snowden was just some fucking dork if he had any merit he wouldn't have went to work for that shit stain of a government contractor in the first place

10. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, and who knows how long this has been going on. They talked about the NSA listening in our calls in the 1992 movie Sneakers (great flick despite some of Robert Redford's leftist propaganda). The movie was based at least partially on some true characters per a friend who's a big player in cybersecurity.

#10     Feb 2, 2023
    nitrene likes this.