GOP Lawmaker Says Country ‘Being Run by Idiots’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Then this kind of bills would be much easier to compromise, modify, finalise and get passed.

Root cause then can be remedied much soner.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    #21     Jan 21, 2018
  2. jem

jem

I think there is an opening for a well written evenly balanced law.
    Maybe public financing with strong restrictions and incentives to break this two party system of campaign bribery.

Anything but the corrupt 2 party system we have now.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    #22     Jan 21, 2018
    piezoe likes this.
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#23     Jan 21, 2018
    piezoe likes this.
  4. George Carlin
    @TheGeorgeCarlin

"If honesty were suddenly introduced into American life, the whole system would collapse."

#24     Jan 21, 2018
  5. piezoe

piezoe

I'm with you entirely on this one. But the Court is not with us. That's why we either need to amend the first Amendment, or add an amendment dealing specifically with campaign finance, or change the court makeup so a different ruling on the First is possible. For the time being , jem, we are stuck with a fascist corporatism superior to individual rights and democracy. (democracy is awful except when it is not.)

#25     Jan 21, 2018
  6. If everyone is entitled to have a projection, one might think the 10% primary turnout of combining conservative (pro-gun) and evangelical (pro-life) voters due to their strong willpower collectively would easily determine the future of the US possibly in the next 100 years, if not longer.

Unless certain fundamental changes structurally would be done! lol

[​IMG]
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...primary-season-but-just-short-of-2008-record/

#27     Jan 22, 2018
  7. Arnie

Arnie

My idea is to make being a member of Congress as appealing as jury duty. You get a letter, you go serve one year with a $XX per diem.

#28     Jan 22, 2018