GoPro cuts jobs. Meanwhile the stock has greatly increased.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jamie J., Mar 16, 2017.

1. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

In addition, the company expects to receive positive results in 2017. Shares look attractive again. It seems that GPRO gets a good chance to become strong on the market. What do you think, guys? Is it worth to expect some progress here?

2. Ryan81

Ryan81

What do I think? Sell GPRO calls with impunity.

Clubber Lang and i960 like this.
  3. JackRab

JackRab

GoPro, FitBit, stocks like these all fall in the same category. They generally have only 1 product, which they will (re-)develop as much as possible and keep selling them... until it's old and people don't buy those products anymore. At which point, they should've been bought by another tech great, or they will lose market share and eventually evaporate, only thing left is patents...

Apple is one of those too, but they are the predator with lots of capital... so they survive as a company as long as they morph into something else.

lovethetrade likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Who's gonna buy Sirius-XM? That's what I wonder.
    Chart keeps heading higher.
    There's lots of companies out there that are all dressed up (with cash) and no place to go. Apple, Verizon, Disney, the new Yahoo (whatever its gonna be)....
    Seems like SIRI and all its satellites could be a back-door somehow or the other into the "internet of cars".
    Who knows. Maybe not.

JackRab likes this.
  5. JackRab

JackRab

Intel, they are already buying MobilEye... next up is AMD for powerful GPU's and then it's Sirius for the satellites! And on top of that... GoPro at a steal-price for hi-tech cameras!!!!
    Great find Vanz! ;)

6. GoPro's underperform rating reiterated at Robert W. Baird. $6.00 PT.

felixbocharov likes this.
  7. Totally agree, the company's in a huge trouble.

8. just21

just21

Sirius Xm is a buffett compounding machine.

http://fortune.com/2017/02/16/howard-stern-warren-buffett-sirius-xm/

9. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Indeed, guys, I agree with you. The company is constantly facing some troubles. There are no significant reasons to wait for positive changes.

10. GoPro given $8.00 PT by Piper Jaffray Companies. sell rating.

#10     Mar 20, 2017