Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. I think some people here come on a bit too strong, but you shouldn't call people trolls just because they ask some questions.

There's no doubt that big money can be made holding long when the market is trending higher. However, the other part of the equation is how much you lose when you're wrong.

And you don't disclose those losses and pretty much go silent when the market do drop - as it always does.

#25631     Nov 26, 2021
    Overnight, iceman1 and NumberZ like this.
  2. Don't go long until you get Fed chatter. The Fed is the buyer of last resort and has been for the last decade.

#25632     Nov 26, 2021
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

Dipsters know: THERE IS NO RISK!!!!!!!!!

#25633     Nov 26, 2021
  4. STILL NO RISK. Keep buying. Buy those calls. Millennial trader heaven! LOL

#25634     Nov 26, 2021
  5. Crickets...

A lot of 'zero risk free money' gone in one single day.

#25635     Nov 26, 2021
    SunTrader and Relentless like this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

#25636     Nov 27, 2021
  7. Same crap over and over. An uptrend is defined as higher highs and higher lows. By this definition we are still in an uptrend...Lets all let the market tell us what to do. Just last week we made a new all time high. Until this up trend is broken the best trade is buy the dips. Glad to see the old timers have learned to disregard these pop up posters.

#25637     Nov 28, 2021
    themickey likes this.
  8. themickey

themickey

If one convinces themselves the market is buggered, it becomes very difficult to re-enter.
    If the market leaps away on up, the difficulty compounds and you are left in no mans land.
    This applies more to long term traders, not day traders.
    The only signs I see so far of a spent market is Emerging Markets (predominantly Asian stocks) wilting, most everything else remains robust.

#25638     Nov 28, 2021
    Zwaen likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Well, now that the Goldman Sachs laid the smackdown on this Omicron variant and saying the sell-off was outrageous and unnecessary panic, I expect this dip to be short-lived. Because everyone listens to the Goldman Sachs.

#25639     Nov 28, 2021
  10. themickey

themickey

The ASX is just now opening (takes 10 minutes to fully open) the media have plastered the papers with market doom stories, I'm down heaps, bet ya it bounces.

#25640     Nov 28, 2021