Grass Gestapo Out Of Control: $30K Fine & Potential Foreclosure For Too-Long Lawn

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Aug 9, 2019.

1. A man may lose his home due to the height of his grass.

It seems that governments seek out opportunities to steal property.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...-30k-fine-potential-foreclosure-too-long-lawn

This should be a concern of ALL property owners.... much like police departments capriciously enforcing "civil asset forfeiture" laws.

If not now in your town now, might be coming to you soon.

:(

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Funny how conservatives criticize police over white issues but support them when it comes to killing unarmed black people.

4. Arnie

Arnie

This town will fine you for having a BBQ in your front yard, having too many people over and your rear screen door must be a certain type.
    Oh, and your window blinds must match.

5. elderado

elderado

6. Preview of what's to come all across the US as the DemoCraps secure the power they so desperately want.

:(

7. That might be a way that Baltimore can raise funds to improve their neighborhoods- by fining everyone whose property does not have matching plywood nailed on the windows.

Just a thought...

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

There's this old guy I knew, he's passed away now but I loved this old cat... he was truly one of the smartest people I think I have ever met. Grouchy old f*ck. Drank, smoked, hit on every woman he ever met, lived like that right up till the day cancer took him. He started dirt poor with absolutely nothing in some TN hick-town and became insanely wealthy via rea-estate. Never worked for anyone but himself. He owned motels he leased out, a few bars over the years, tons of rental properties, built strip-centers all over the Southeast... The guy was just always moving and always making a deal on something. It didn't matter what it was. He never saw a garage sale that he didn't stop at and buy something. And dicker the price. He was truly a hoot.

Well, he spoiled his daughter.... bought her some big house in some real hoyt-toyty area of Atlanta after she got divorced, the kind of neighborhood where all the pro athletes, lawyers, doctors, a few rappers lol... that kind of place. All the houses sit on an acre or two so they are secluded in a way. Hers certainly was. He knew how to buy the right properties thats for sure. Well something happened in her basement shortly after she moved in and it flooded so my buddy decides he's going to go in and do a complete remodel down there so his grandkids can have their own space with a theater, game-room etc.

He brings in one of these 40 foot inter-modal containers, the kind that can go on ships, trains, semi's... the big giant steel things. They are indestructible and they make great storage units. Sets this bitch near the house but out of the way, tastefully so its not an eyesore or anything. By this time he almost 70 and this was going to be his project with his grandkids, teach them some things, so he was in no hurry to really get it done. The container sat there for a bit.

After a month or so someone in the neighborhood called about it, they didn't like it, it was ugly, so the zoning people came out and informed her it was not allowed and it had to go in 2 weeks or it was a $900/day fine. She told me you couldn't even see the thing from the street, so it was just some loser neighbor with nothing better to worry about or no one would have even noticed.

Well he was somewhere else when he about heard this... and he went fucking livid. He gets in town and marches down to wherever and starts raising hell, threatening to sue, screamin about how this America blah blah blah and he wasn't moving his trailer until his grandkids' basement was finished. All to no avail, they weren't budging and the deadline was approaching. He was pissed beyond belief.

You'd have to have had known this guy, but at this point it was no longer a matter of having a place to store his equipment. They messed with the wrong country-boy and he was gonna win. This was his America. He looks at the zoning rules for the sub-division and figures out that residents can have a shed on their property as long as it doesn't exceed 100 sqf. So a 10x10 footprint basically. Know what he does? He brings in a backhoe and digs a small level footer, then he gets a crane to come in and he picks that that bitch up and sets it on its end! :D A forty foot tower, but it only had an 8X8 footprint and the ordinance made no mention of a height restriction. Then he gives his grandkids cans of neon colored spray-paint and ladders. "Have at it, lets see some of you kids artwork".

Well it sat there for about a week or so and it really stirred the pot. Word got out and the local paper really had fun with it. They told his side of the story, made the zoning people look like idiots, and posted a picture of this crazy looking tower next to this million dollar home. The old man made it clear it wasn't moving until they let him lay it down and finish his basement. He won. They succumbed to the pressure and they gave him 6 months to finish the basement and get that damn thing out of there. They did make him pull permits for the job though.

A footnote to the story, and this was at least 15 years ago but right before he died (we all knew it was close, and he was cool with it)... I asked him if he had to give me one piece of advice, what would it be. His answer... "learn to speak Chinese and invest in water".
    Smart old dude. Miss him to this day.

9. If he were still in TN, he could have just converted that shipping container into a Bed and Breakfast. and added to his income stream.

:cool:

Or maybe even two containers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Tis why you should live outside municipalities and away from large populations.

#10     Aug 9, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.