Grind Time

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mikeriley, Jul 22, 2022.

1. If you bought around 9:46....and sold around 2:15 today....you will make Way More than $200,000 a year with trading,
    The tough part, the magic sauce, the Billion Dollar question, though....is knowing, generally, what to expect of the market. and wait for it, patiently, before striking. Seeing the bigger, greater, picture,
    [​IMG]
    The market is all about timing, and process and understanding, and being wise, and having foresight,
    I wish I could be more specific and not so vague and cryptic, but I can't,

#21     Jul 22, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. Hello MacBookProHo,

Thanks for responding. I agree with you.

So your recommendation is to wait for the high probability when things are aligned and bet high?

#22     Jul 22, 2022
  3. That's a gambler's dilemma....when they think something is a high probability event, then it's actually a dud, and they lose, and lose big. and the game is basically over for them.

It doesn't matter if something is big, huge, neutral, medium size, small.....it's all the same thing. The skill, understanding, process and ability to realize that and place those trades is all that matters,

I personally trade the same way, every day, in and out, -- I don't get SO EXCITED and HORNY when a Fed Hike announcement comes, or when Apple is releasing earnings or some other bullshit event that appeals to the brain dead cattle, sheep, zombie masses,

#23     Jul 22, 2022
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Pretty sure you have that ass-backwards. If you SOLD at 9:46 and BOUGHT around 2:15, you'd make money. Unless you posted your chart upside down.

#24     Jul 22, 2022
  5. I trade options -- not futures or stock,
    So when I say I bought downwards....I literally mean I bought Put options for the downward expected move,

Call options = Upwards expected bet
    Put options = Downwards expected bet

#25     Jul 22, 2022
  6. Overnight

Overnight

The guy, SimpleLikeMe, literally asked you how to make 200K trading futures, in the index futures section of the forum, and you posted a chart of the equity markets, which the futures track 100%, AND YOU THEN SAY YOU ARE TRADING OPTIONS, NOT FUTURES OR STOCK!!!

That's it. From now on you are banned from this section, because you are too stupid to deal with. You are banished to the options section henceforth. BEGONE!

God damned Apple products rot the brain.

#26     Jul 22, 2022
  7. It's all the f'n same. It doesn't matter....if you trade futures, stock or options.....we all watch the broad market ticker and they all move in tandem.
    Even though I'm an option trader, this exact same logic applies to futures trading as well. Angry bonehead.

It's all about your ability to know the future, and trade it accordingly,

#27     Jul 22, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

That's NOT THE POINT. He asked you how to do it with futures, NOT OPTIONS.

@BlueWaterSailor Can you please explain to this...thing...How they differ?

#28     Jul 22, 2022
  9. schizo

schizo

In theory, you're spot on. But in practice, beside all your usual platitudes, it's a tad bit implausible. I've yet to see anyone strike BIG with options. At least, not on a consistent basis.

Plus, if you want others to follow your advice, show something that they can grab on to. So far, you've delivered nothing but empty rhetoric.

#29     Jul 22, 2022
  10. It's virtually impossible to make money directly with options trading beyond a day. There's just too many variables eating away at you.
    However, within a day/intraday, if someone can trade the S&P ....along with options....they can seriously grow, and make money,
    And a much better than 1:1 reward/risk ratio you get with futures and stock, and Sharpe ratio,

I don't care if anyone follows my advice, wisdom, experience. I'm not a social media personality trying to sell services and products and myself to everyone out there.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    #30     Jul 22, 2022