Grinding it out, day after day

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lescor, Jan 9, 2010.

1. trad2ing

trad2ing

Wow, all of the legends are here; Dustin, Lescor, Sveven.

I remember reading your P/L in 2007 and just drooling over those numbers!

#41     Jan 12, 2010
  2. In your trading experience, does KISS approach is one of the keys or do you have a system(s) that are so complicated and convoluted that only a few would be able to comprehend?

#42     Jan 12, 2010
  3. As do i.

#43     Jan 12, 2010
  4. please try to keep this thread clean mods as Lescor is one of the few remaining people worth listening to.

Thx for doing this Lescor.

#44     Jan 12, 2010
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

Corey,

You've mentioned in other threads that you are very athletic, ride motocross, train for Ironman, etc.

Athleticism is a big part of your success, no?

#45     Jan 12, 2010
  6. I'll be a legend one day! :cool:

#46     Jan 12, 2010
  7. lescor

lescor

I'm ALL about simple. To me, the logic and reasoning to explain why you're in a trade should only take a couple sentences.

#47     Jan 12, 2010
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. lescor

lescor

I'm a big believer that athletics and training contributes to a lot of desirable qualities. It teaches you discipline, goal setting, how to devise and follow a plan, how to deal with adversity and discomfort. You have to be able to focus intently through distraction.

I've been athletic and competitive since I was a kid. I can't say that sports directly contributes to p/l but it has definitely shaped me and how I view things and deal with situations.

#48     Jan 12, 2010
  9. le140

le140

This is good :)

What is your buying power and what daily percentage of it that you use to generate 200-300 % per year?

Thanks for sharing.

#49     Jan 12, 2010
  10. lescor

lescor

I trade at a prop firm, my buying power is whatever I need. I frequently have $1M+ in use during the day.

#50     Jan 12, 2010