Has anyone ever seen a stock market meltup?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Giddiyup, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

I bought a house with the money I made from the housing collapse. No joke.
    The market can remain irrational far longer than you can remain solvent.

#41     Jun 19, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Kind of ironic - right after Bone's post about TA methods that have no statistical validity, someone posts a Joe "Fib" Dinapoli chart. Dinapoli is one of many TA gurus with zero evidence of his own personal profitability.

#42     Jun 19, 2019
    fan27, bone and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, pretty funny that none of the bearish newsletter guys or other permabears knew how or when to time the financial crisis. Of course they still took credit for "calling it" because they wrote "Something really bad is about to happen!" in 2007...just like they do all other years.

#43     Jun 19, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  4. ironchef

ironchef

I predict disaster too: Some time in the future, we will all be dead. :(

#44     Jun 19, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  5. I decided to put him on ignore. I get my news elsewhere and I try to avoid reading extremely biased thoughts especially when the basis of thoughts is generated via unbalanced news acquisition. The stuff he posts I can read anywhere.

#45     Jun 19, 2019
    MKTrader likes this.
  6. heispark

heispark

Then how about this one? I think Finra Margin Debt data is a leading indicator. My understanding is it's bearish and indicates a major correction is just around the corner.....

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/2019/06/04/margin-debt-and-the-market-up-2-56-mom

fd22ac83a5e407ffff152159c373faad.png

#46     Jun 19, 2019
    murray t turtle and athlonmank8 like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

The only time I saw something that I believe defines a melt-up was Dec 26th, 2018. Hell of a day. There were two or three trading days after that, sometime during 2019, that seemed a bit wild on the upside, but that one day after X-Mas 2018 will stick with me forever.

#47     Jun 19, 2019
  8. https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1004153/debt-saddled-china-railway-announces-restructure

CRC, which has built the world’s largest high-speed rail network, has been criticized for accruing massive debts while doing so. These amounted to 5.27 trillion yuan ($764 billion) by the end of March 2019, according to CRC’s financial reports.

#48     Jun 19, 2019
  9. fan27

fan27

Man...wish I was long HYG...that chart looks beautiful!!

HYG.JPG

#49     Jun 19, 2019
    Stockolio likes this.
  10. zdreg

zdreg

it should be in quotes since you are not the author of this old Wall Street saying.
    Just saying.:)

#50     Jun 20, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.