Heaven or Hell for the Queen?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by cesfx, Sep 15, 2022.

Will the Queen go to heaven or hell?

1. Heaven

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Hell

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Purgatory

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. cesfx

cesfx

I voted Hell.

2. maxinger

maxinger

How about Trump ?

3. cesfx

cesfx

Definitely hell...

I am not really religious but I was educated as one.
    And for what I remember, it's hard for a filthy rich person to get to heaven.

Then if you are rich, powerfull, in corrupted politics, have people submitted to you, serving you and so on... Without going into the possible disgusting things they do that we don't know about.
    It's hell with VIP acceess for them all.

If those people go to paradise, then paradise it's a very nasty place to be...

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

What about the Corgi's?
    Trumpy didn't like dogs.
    Maybe send the Corgi's down when Trumpy goes?

Sprout likes this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

Heaven or Hell is what we make of our experience here on earth.

A belief in the hereafter, is simply a belief however one wants to justify it.

To be a respected and loved Queen?
    Heaven

To be a reviled wannabe dictator King?
    Hell

Dogs?
    Who else can love unconditionally and always happy to see you.

6. Overnight

Overnight

Your poll is useless, because you have neglected the most obvious poll choice, which is nowhere.

7. tomorton

tomorton

I'm sorry that I can't vote, as I don't believe in any of the three options.

Pekelo likes this.
  8. themickey

themickey

Yah but the church have an interest in preaching about the poor going to heaven, how else were they thinking of getting rich at other people's expense?
    Funny how they preach about only poor entering heaven.....
    2.jpg

cesfx likes this.
  9. tomorton

tomorton

The law in England used to be that everybody had to pay over one-tenth of their income in either capital or goods such as their crops ( a "tithe") to the local church. Ancient tithe barns still exist in the countryside. Of course there was no Income Tax at that time and no local authority property taxes - I'd be prepared to be told that the tithe was both affordable and good value at the time.

As far as the poor are concerned, the in those days poor had no opportunity to escape poverty. Until the advent of capitalism. Its arguable that religion did a great service to mankind by ensuring the survival of the species until capitalism could be invented.

10. themickey

themickey

I like to think of religion as yin and yang, it works for us and against us.
    On the one hand offers benefits, on the other drains resources.
    Humans seem to need leaders, like a Queen, that's like yin and yang too, humans will even crave a corrupt leader like a Putin or a Kim who destroy quality of life.

#10     Sep 19, 2022
    tomorton likes this.