Help me to read an indicator.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Merlonchales, May 28, 2023.

1. hello! please help me, I am a newbie to trade and I am using a demo account but unfortunately that trade not helping me a t all even they provide a guide line but still I dont understand. when and how to trade.

Josephine likes this.
  2. TheDawn

TheDawn

So what's the indicator that you want us to help you read?

3. maxinger

maxinger

You cannot depend on the broker to provide a 'secret recipe'.

Work very hard 15 hours a day, 365 days a year for many many many years.
    Then you might be able to switch from demo to live trading.

So if you depend on the broker's guidelines, you hardly spend any time to
    develop your holy grail & trading plan.

Perhaps start to ask more specific questions rather than open-ended & general questions.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
    Merlonchales and smallfil like this.
  4. First sort your mind, then try again... :)

Merlonchales likes this.
  5. like this. I really2 need a help. how i want to know the profits and all that. I try to find on Youtube also dont get it. my baddddd :(

6. maxinger

maxinger

On the Elitetrader.com SEARCH box, type INDICATORS.
    There are lots of info over there.

Some said indicators are useful.
    They swear they cannot live without indicators.

Some said indicators are useless.
    They (including me) swear they cannot live with indicators.

You have to try and see which works for you.

Merlonchales likes this.
  7. TheDawn

TheDawn

Ok so MACD is the indicator that you want to learn more about? Here is the info. on this indicator. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/macd.asp It is quite a useful indicator that shows you the progression of the price and can help you to predict a change in trend coming up especially when you use it together with other indicators.

Try it out in demo trading and test to see how it helps you see the change in the trend of the prices.

Merlonchales likes this.
  8. Enter at start of the green histogram, and exit at end of it (when it turns into red).
    Equivalently:
    entry signal: when the blue line of MACD coming from below crosses over the red line.
    exit signal: when the blue line dives down by crossing the red line.

You should not think of a holy grail of this indicator and oscillator stuff of Technical Analysis (TA), b/c it also gives many wrong signals. The art of TA is to know that fact... :)

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  9. BKR88

BKR88

Watch short videos on youtube that give several ways of trading any indicator.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+trade+with+macd+indicator

10. BMK

BMK

Ask yourself these questions:

If an indicator like this really worked, consistently, to tell you when to buy and sell something...

then why isn't everyone using it to get rich?

So maybe everyone is using it, and that's how people make money trading. Right?

But if everyone uses it to decide when to buy, who is selling to them?

And if everyone uses it to decide when to sell, who would want to buy from them?

#10     May 29, 2023
    earth_imperator likes this.