Here is why owning some Bitcoin now makes sense

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Daal, Mar 29, 2018.

1. It's SCHMUCK , not Schmock

[​IMG]

#11     Mar 29, 2018
    MattZ likes this.
  2. QTM says nearly all of them should be near worthless, and the coming recession should help with that.

Unless someone comes up with both a price and supply stable one, but there's no profit in such a structure.

#12     Mar 29, 2018
  3. zdreg

zdreg

right or wrong but never in doubt. Soes you are a ....

#13     Mar 29, 2018
  4. johnarb

johnarb

Boys, look up 1 year chart of bitcoin and tell me when the run-up started. Yup, in a couple of months, we'll be looking at ath. You're welcome :D

#14     Mar 29, 2018
    Fileiro likes this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeah, but I bought in at 20K! With my 401K... :)

Now to be fair, there are utility values in cryptos:

1. Silk Road: online black market
    2. Venezuela: fastly devaluing currency
    3. China: internal capital controls
    4. Mr. Divorce: asset hidding
    etc.

In the above cases, cryptos are nearly perfect solutions. That doesn't mean that ANY crypto should be more than 3 digits.

And anyone who is using the "hey, we passed 4 ATHs, so surely this 5th one isn't the last one" argument is an idiot.

#15     Mar 29, 2018
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

In terms of price correction, we are not seeing something we have not seen before.
    But, we are seeing more regulations in space, and that could potentially bring stability without the astronomical cycles.

#16     Mar 29, 2018
    Illini Trader and johnarb like this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Why don't they just make a cryptocurrency tethered to the U.S. Dollar or the Euro? Seems to me that would be the best of all worlds. Albeit the get rich quick overnight hodl'rs would not approve.
    images.jpg

#17     Mar 29, 2018
  8. truetype

truetype

Excellent. It's 7,170 right now. Where will it end April -- higher or lower? Thanks.

#18     Mar 29, 2018
  9. johnarb

johnarb

That would not be best of anything. That would be just another form of fiat currency.

The answer is recorded on the genesis block of bitcoin. A more detailed explanation is the whitepaper of bitcoin. I'm not being cryptic and would expand on it if you want me to but I'm sure you know what I'm saying... :D

#19     Mar 29, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well... you still get your anonymity and a currency without borders.... but it makes it less volatile... which is what you need at this point to garner a broader acceptance.

That being said... in this particular area... I'm not afraid to admit I know nothing.

#20     Mar 29, 2018
    johnarb likes this.