Hitting the roof as trader

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Raheel Shaikh, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Colobus

Colobus

Forex is a game of strategies, so if my current strategy is not yielding any profits, I start creating a new strategy. There is no point in feeling low because it won’t have any benefit for me as a trader. So, it’s better to follow the right process and hope for better trading results.

#51     Feb 28, 2022
  2. Dr_Trade

Dr_Trade

Ryt buddy! I have seen traders' posting positive even in the blood red markets. These are only the strategies that let traders place the orders confidently.

#52     Feb 28, 2022
  3. I too have experienced that phase where I thought I didn’t have it in myself to step up and reach the next level of trading. I was using the same strategies, making the same kind of profits for years, and that was the root cause of the problem. I didn’t improve my strategies, which is why I couldn’t get the results I was looking for. So, I went back to the basics, read the concepts of forex again, developed new strategies, practiced them for days in the demo account, and then, returned to the live trading. This procedure worked for me, so you can also give it a try.

#53     Mar 4, 2022
  4. Phalange

Phalange

Words of wisdom! I was reading a book on trading psychology, and it had the exact same thing written that what you’ve mentioned. Trading is premised upon strategies. Bringing emotions won’t result in good consequences.

#54     Mar 7, 2022
  5. It’s not easy to be a trader. You have to go through financial stress and emotional stress at the same time. Even when these seem to be overpowering you, you better don’t become illogical. It’s simple to know- if one strategy doesn’t turn out to be profitable, find another but don’t stop until you find the one that you understand and can reap profits with.

#55     Mar 9, 2022
  6. its a very fine reply , got some of fine lines. thanks for your nice reply.

#56     Mar 9, 2022
  7. who is Author of this trading book ?

#57     Mar 10, 2022
  8. Gnomonn

Gnomonn

You are probably inviting risks and challenges when you decide to become a trader. So, when you prepare yourself financially, prepare yourself mentally also.

#58     Mar 11, 2022
  9. Hitting the roof, in the sense of reaching a point where you can't seem to improve or grow, is a common experience, but it's not a dead-end. I suggest you to take a short break, focus on continuous learning, and explore new strategy with proper backtesting.

#59     Sep 20, 2023
  10. kroxobor

kroxobor

I really hope that you can hit the roof not the bottom actually you have to be lucky to be on the winning side with some really decent returns. Hard to achieve.

#60     Sep 21, 2023