Housing doom and gloom - ENOUGH already !!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Feb 2, 2008.

1. guess they haven't come for you yet...

huh?

#171     Jun 11, 2008
  2. united46

united46

YES PLEASE!!

I thought this site was for traders ( forget the elite part for the moment). Houses aren't really an asset class that are traded in the way that the majority here would understand trading.

My last comments on this site back in mid Feb in this and other threads were along the lines that housing and everything else being brought up were not enough to kill the market ( stock). Almost exactly 4 months later, the S&P500 is slightly higher than it was when I made those comments. First 1/4 GDP was positive, then revised higher! So technically, not even close to a recession yet as traditionally defined.

The argument was not that the housing sector ( and others) don't have major problems, quite clearly they do. But they can't kill the market. If you had even a rudimentary understanding of economics, you would know why.

So again, yes, please enlighten me with any details that would support your argument of why a housing market in turmoil will kill the market.

For now, I'm off to wash in a fanny bag!! LOL

:D :D

PS I admire your courage in sticking to your guns. As they say, if you can't predict right, predict often!

#173     Jun 16, 2008
  3. balda

balda

Oh yes RE bottomed get this beautiful house with $264K discount yes this house is offered $264K lower than it was last sold in 2005

Now offered at $435K

#174     Jun 17, 2008
  4. united46

united46

Blimey! The SPX fell today, almost 1%. Wow, it's back down at those mid Feb levels I mentioned a couple of days ago. Disaster.

Seriously, can you hurry up and elaborate on those bigger picture points that are going to cause the collapse/bear/ whatever you want to call it. I've got to write a client newsletter and I want to be able to quote you and use your research as an example when telling people that there's nothing to worry about when looking at the broad market. My clients like a good laugh. :D

#175     Jun 18, 2008
  5. united46

united46

Thurgood

Surely you've put together that dossier of evidence by now!!!

Please hurry up. I need to be enlighted... :D

#176     Jun 23, 2008
  6. "It aims to spare an estimated 400,000 debt-strapped homeowners, many of whom owe more their houses are worth ....."

You owe more than your house is worth? How is this a new concept? Anyone here own a car that is worth more than they paid for it? You buy a new car and it loses value as soon as you register it. How about diamonds, stamps or coins?

The consumer mentality, try it for 30 days and if you are not fully satisfied return for a full refund.

People blew their wad in the market during the internet bubble, then they all became real estate experts.

Stay tuned for the unemployement check and lottery ticket bubble.

#178     Aug 3, 2008
  7. An interesting and thoughtful post, nutmeg. :)

#179     Aug 14, 2008
  8. balda

balda

Now offered at $395K

$304K discount

#180     Aug 26, 2008