How about a ECONOMICS forum?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cartm, Aug 5, 2003.

1. cartm

cartm

I know this is a trading community, but there seems to be a lot of people who enjoy talking about macro/micro characteristics of our economy. I am sure economy.com or a site similar would sponsor, just an idea.

2. maxpi

maxpi

Anything to keep me out of the chat area will be beneficial!!

3. I agree. Everything happens because of perception of economics. Maybe a forum would bring out more discussions, and I would really really dig that.

Thanks Baron!

4. Lol. Any more forums and I'm gonna burn out my mousewheel!

5. Sounds like a good idea, though I get the impression very few people here use fundamentals in their trading strategy - Which basically this is what it comes down to when you say ECONOMICS.

TM Trader

6. seisan

seisan

Bob Bright, for one, is BIG on traders having a macroeconmics
    understanding of how the world REALLY works.

We're gonna get him to expound on same at the Professional Trading Tour in Anaheim on Aug 23 & 24th. Should provide a ton of discussion easily sufficient to start an Economics Forum, Baron........... :)

7. cartm

cartm

Actually some of the whales I know on here do use economics with regards to their trading, or at least are cognoscente of the macro picture.

Certainly not meant for scalpers or daytraders, but trading as we all know comes in many different forms, shapes and sizes. Worst case scenario is no one posts and Baron takes it down after a few weeks. Trial and error.

8. seisan

seisan

I basically agree; but an Economics THREAD seems more appropriate - within the Trading Forum or possibly the Strategy Trading Forum.

If it thrives, as it most likely will, great - if not, it can always be revived later.

9. TGregg

TGregg

I'm only slightly cognizant of current economic conditions while trading, but it is pretty interesting and I think a special forum might be a good idea.

10. I concur.

#10     Aug 11, 2003