How does mentorship work at prop firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by spectastic, Dec 9, 2020.

1. spectastic

spectastic

I've been watching youtube videos that SMB puts out. They provide a lot of info on what they do. But they obviously don't share everything, and not every prop firm is the same. So for those prop firms that offer mentorship to relatively new traders, what might that look like? Are you assigned a mentor who manages a number of newer traders? Is there a course you have to pay for? What process is put into place for you to fast track your development as a trader? Thanks

2. they are all different. just like any business they have their own model.
    the prop i worked at traded at offered a desk fee and top execution technology.

guys would chat a little but you had some part timers some full timers and everyone was doing different things which was interesting buy you really had to pull it out of them if you wanted to know what they were up too. people dont go aroudn blathering what they are doing ususally.

you had some guys worth millions and some with 5k escaping from the family

find onw that wants to mentor you is good but do you know what kind of trader you are?

3. TimMykes

TimMykes

if they were really any good, they would not have to hustle for noobs 24/7

CDoubleUU, levanyashin and stochastix like this.
  4. like everything else it takes a pool of people to sift thru to find godo traders and the ones who fail will help pay the expenses or break even that is all! i dont think it is a bad thing to find winners and give people chances at showing gretness in skills.

it more like sport games than chess if you ask me

5. TimMykes

TimMykes

those that cant trade , run prop firms

curiosity and CDoubleUU like this.