How many of you guys do this as a career?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Sotnis, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Jones75

Jones75

I'm a swing trader that likes fundamentals and stats. Candlesticks are good for timing entries and exit's Really enjoy reading financial statements.
    There are so many ways to trade, just keep experimenting until you find your niche.
    And the most important thing is money management, "no money, no trade".
    Best of luck! :)

#11     Jan 25, 2016
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

Look, I don't feel like talking about myself right now. But I have to say, if you are consistently losing then you need to stop, at least temporarily. It's been my experience that people who lose want to lose, deep down. There's no excuse for it after awhile. Pause, regroup. You may find that when you come back you see everything differently, more clearly. You can't see well when you are losing.

#12     Jan 25, 2016
  3. Why only guys? Women do it too. :) Even better sometimes, we have very strong sense of intuition, I guess you've already found out that.
    And yes, it's my career. It's quite risky, but I like it. :cool:

#13     Jan 26, 2016

4. Here's another successful woman trader: http://lindaraschke.net/

#14     Jan 26, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Out of the gate (starting out) - women are typically more level headed (less ego / less hesitant to exit a loser).., hence manage risk better

RN

#15     Jan 26, 2016
  6. speedo

speedo

Add the brilliant Connie Brown to the woman's list.....also Carolyn Barodon.

#16     Jan 26, 2016
  7. Jones75

Jones75

I think "guys" has morphed into more of an androgynous term, can be used with either gender, at least in Toronto.

#17     Jan 26, 2016
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Ag trader( sole income ) since '07. Started dabbling in stocks in high school. Didn't finish law school and decided to give the markets a try. 2008 helped me to start as it was the perfect environment( high volatility ). I trade from home. 33. Scalping and Fundamentals.

#18     Jan 26, 2016