How many times does CNBC snub viewers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Q.E.D., Nov 4, 2022.

1. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Today is example, but CNBC has been doing this for decades.

Before todays' impt unemployment report, CNBC waited so long to introduce their panel, with estimates before report, they had to skip the panel.

And then when Rick Santelli provides the report, he almost always starts with the least useful info. There were at least 10 stats, but Rick does not get to impt items, until SP futures already moved 60 points, high to low.

CNBC pays little attention to their viewers.

2. maxinger

maxinger

How many times does CNBC snub viewers
    --->

How many times do viewers snub CNBC?

traders hardly watch those things.
    The more you watch, the more your
    mind will get contaminated.

Just watch the chart very closely.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  3. rb7

rb7

CNBC may not be your best option if you want to get fast news update in order to quickly get into the market.

TheDawn likes this.
  4. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

hft algos get the report a milli second after release so i would say just watch the charts.

murray t turtle, wastelands and rb7 like this.
  5. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Agree -- and I do, & Bloomberg always has data before CNBC, but sometimes useful to have a full explanation of the data.

CNBC has 2 main functions: report news accurately; report news in timely manner.

They fail on both fronts.

6. TheDawn

TheDawn

WHY do people still watch CNBC??!!! Once it's on CNBC, it's already too late to trade it unless you want to fade it. Everything is in the chart, baby.

And besides not everybody that they interview on CNBC is an expert. This piece of joke, James Cordier:

was featured several times on CNBC and Bloomberg:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  7. smallfil

smallfil

CNBC is there to mislead retail traders. They are not there to help you. Who are the corporate sponsors who help pay for the huge salaries of the talking heads on CNBC? The big hedge funds and CEOs of companies who have close ties to CNBC. They have an upward bias obviously, for two reasons. Amateur retail traders do not like it if you say negative things about stocks they have even if that stock has lost 50% or more. The other reason is to keep retail traders in stocks when they are falling to keep prices high enough for the hedge funds to exit their positions. Hedge funds are like elephants in a pond and it could take them months to exit or enter a position. So, keep those rosy forecasts. Bash the Federal Reserve when they keep raising interest rates because they let inflation run amok.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. %%
    ?? HUH?? Those charts of TX Tea are @ $40+/ LOL but you may be right anyway\:D:D
    CNBC chart$ look like they are drawn by a young kid\ no disrespect intended for the young kid:caution:
    I don't need no rockin' chair\ Geritol or your Medicare\
    May take me longer/ but i'll get there/j Jones from The Album Wall Can Fall. >3,777,888 video Views.......................................

9. Georpe

Georpe

CNBC is there to generate ad revenue for the parent company.

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. Aisone

Aisone

The delay is why I don't watch business news when numbers are released. Besides, the market is going to do what it's going to do anyways, and those guys are just after-the-fact story tellers. It's more important to know exactly when numbers get released than what the actual numbers are.

#10     Nov 4, 2022
    SunTrader and murray t turtle like this.