How much are you paying in non commission fee's?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by thyrus, Oct 28, 2020.

1. thyrus

thyrus

Ie

Cost of charting software
    Cost of live data - and what all data do you use?
    Cost of extra add ons like bookmap
    Cost of indicator
    Cost of trade rooms you're in
    Etc.

I only use charting software and live data, but am paying well over $250/month. Want to move to DAs Trader Pro - can someone tell me what the monthly cost of that with data and level 2 is?

2. thyrus

thyrus

I dont use any indicators other than vwap and drawing lines at support points, so I feel many of the features of the premium charting software go to waste. But I do like the option of 10 second, 30 second etc. that help as day trader.

3. I've spent about $300 on Expert Advisers over the past couple of weeks.

4. danielc1

danielc1

Around 650 a month. Pro status, 5 exchanges, and two software packages.

5. DevBru

DevBru

Have you ever found one that actually makes a nice profit on the long run?

I can't ever imagine selling my automated trading system for a few $100.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. I'm still in very early stages of testing them. And also learning how to adjust things in the MT4 platform.

I haven't had a long enough time to test anything long-term yet.

They all backtest well. Whatever that means. The sellers are all very responsive in helping me fix issues.

I'm also still deciding between brokers. I have 3 different demo accounts I'm running them on to see what's the overall best broker for me to use.

7. I only pay for data - the other stuff is IMHO a total waste of money. I pay about $200 a year for non pro futures data from IB, L1 only (there is probably some rebate I don't know what the headline cost is). It works out to about 0.04% of my account value. For the last couple of years I've paid another $200 a year for a barchart subscription, mainly to get historic data (although I'm considering keeping if I can justify it adding value).

GAT

Bad_Badness likes this.
  8. thyrus

thyrus

Also forgot to mention I pay $40/month for Finviz Elite... worth it in terms of quick access to info and the AH screener. But my main trade is equities, not futures

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I pay for a Bloomberg and live equity and live US options and live futures for vix.

it’s expensive but typically pays for itself several times a year in the form of trades that would have been difficult to research on my own.

10. thyrus

thyrus

Is that the 20k a year Bloomberg trade desk?

#10     Oct 28, 2020