How much are you willing to pay for a technique that guarantee winning everytime?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stvee, Mar 15, 2003.

1. sammybea

sammybea

million dollars, if it works. But you would have to pay me a mil if it doesn't. Lets do this, i put up a mil, and you put up a mil.. if it works, u get the account. If it doesn't, i get the account. Fair to me.

#11     Mar 15, 2003
  2. Banjo

Banjo

There ya go, the right answer.

#12     Mar 15, 2003
  3. Wow! This is a good one. Why can't I come up with ideas like this?

#13     Mar 15, 2003
  4. I would add that what works this MONTH, may not work next month. That's how fast market conditions can change. I have personally seen systems that have generated over 50 consecutive winning trades without a single loss. However, every one of these systems was so highly optimized to the current market conditions, that as soon as the market changed (even just a little) the very same system that seemingly could not lose was now generating horrendous drawdowns.

BTW, I'll go in on the 1/10 of all profits, paid quarterly.

PEG LEG JOE

#14     Mar 15, 2003
  5. Interesting that you don't raise the bid.

I am willing to pay 50% of all net profits, every 200 trades. But I keep full control of position size.

#15     Mar 15, 2003
  6. itrader1

itrader1

I hope mine is the winning bid.

You place my bets and keep 90% of the profits. Just send me my 10% every quarter.

#16     Mar 15, 2003
  7. There is only one holy grail. It's Optional777 aka GOD.

Optional777 Bless

WDGann

#17     Mar 15, 2003
  8. rs7

rs7

True. Optional is the One And Only True Deity.

Getting back to the offer:

I would up the offer to 99.9% of profits, because a "sure thing" method would eventually end up with all the money in the world. I could easily live on 1/10th of 1% of that nicely. And give away 99% of my cut to charity. And still roast marshmallows on fires made with bricks of Treasury Bonds.

Hard to believe though that someone who doesn't know the difference between the word "conceded" and "conceited" could come up with the Holy Grail. But then again, other than Optional777, no one is perfect!

Peace,
    :)rs7

#18     Mar 15, 2003
  9. Why would someone sell a goose that lays golden eggs?

#19     Mar 15, 2003
  10. DT-waw

DT-waw

rs, you want 0.1% of all the world's money? You're definitely too greedy, my friend! :D

#20     Mar 15, 2003