How to automate cryptocurrency trading?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Oadmani, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Oadmani

Oadmani

Hello,

I am relatively new to automated trading, and was wondering which is a good platform to connect with Binance?

I manually enter my strategies currently, and I am not that well-versed with programming in python. I have searched a few websites, but I cannot customize strategies at those websites.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Check out QuantConnect.com I guess, IMO as easy as it gets to start up. They don't do much in the way hybrid discretionary/algo trading i.e. semi-automation though, but it's always possible to check if something could work there first and then port the algo to your own trading platform.

Writing Python code is not that hard to learn in a few weeks unless your brain really isn't wired for that kind of thinking. Yeah there are "visual coding" environments etc. but all of them ultimately become more complicated than actual coding for programs of any meaningful complexity.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    SalsaAndBachata and Oadmani like this.
  3. Axon

Axon

I posted https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/price-action-with-python.336412/#post-4937493
    a while back. You might find it helpful. My system is built mostly in Python and has adhered pretty closely to what's in that post for years and it still works.
    Check this out too: https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt/wiki/Manual
    That's the ccxt library that abstracts the api of over a hundred different crypto exchanges so you can access them all the same way. Definitely works in python but I wanna say it's built for PHP and Node (Javascript) too. There's a Java api abstraction library too but the name escapes me and it isn't related to ccxt.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    SalsaAndBachata and Oadmani like this.
  4. fan27

fan27

Do you have any programming experience?

5. Nice thread. I will follow

Gil Young Jo

6. traider

traider

Github has tons of projects

7. kroxobor

kroxobor

They have Rest API as well as websockets, it's not a difficult to thing to pull data, however much harder to devise profitable strategies based on that data. However in the long-run for example altocoin returns are easy to make but relatively unsustainable because of crashes, I was surprised when I found out that some old algo things work perfectly there. But sudden crash erases those profits.

8. Oadmani

Oadmani

I don't have much experience with programming apart from spreadsheets.

9. fan27

fan27

In that case I suggest you don't attempt to automate anything. Plenty of money to be made without automation.

#10     Dec 13, 2021
    SalsaAndBachata likes this.