How to Enforce Discipline on Entries?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by vortextrader, Sep 28, 2019.

1. comagnum

comagnum

Maybe try using a hand written trade entry check list - I do this from a template I made. Learned this from Marty Schwatz (pit bull), he still hand writes notes on his entries, having 40+ years of trading.

Half the battle in trading is letting the impatient/impulsive noobs make the first run at the cheese - once they get crushed in the trap a time or two than its time to enter.

A 2014 study showed that note-taking with an actual pen or pencil, rather than typing the information on a laptop, is a way more effective means of learning new information. According to their findings, the researchers showed that taking notes on laptops results in "shallower processing," meaning it doesn't help you fully absorb the information in a way that'll allow you to recall it later on.

To illustrate that point, the researchers found that students who took notes on their laptops didn't perform as well on a test of conceptual questions when compared to the students who took notes in good old-fashioned longhand.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    #11     Sep 28, 2019
  2. easymon1

easymon1

" . . .

The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right Paperback – January 4, 2011

In his latest bestseller, Atul Gawande shows what the simple idea of the checklist reveals about the complexity of our lives and how we can deal with it.

The modern world has given us stupendous know-how. Yet avoidable failures continue to plague us in health care, government, the law, the financial industry—in almost every realm of organized activity. And the reason is simple: the volume and complexity of knowledge today has exceeded our ability as individuals to properly deliver it to people—consistently, correctly, safely. We train longer, specialize more, use ever-advancing technologies, and still we fail. Atul Gawande makes a compelling argument that we can do better, using the simplest of methods: the checklist. In riveting stories, he reveals what checklists can do, what they can’t, and how they could bring about striking improvements in a variety of fields, from medicine and disaster recovery to professions and businesses of all kinds. And the insights are making a difference. Already, a simple surgical checklist from the World Health Organization designed by following the ideas described here has been adopted in more than twenty countries as a standard for care and has been heralded as “the biggest clinical invention in thirty years” (The Independent).
    . . . "

#12     Sep 28, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  3. For as much as I love tech I still find myself using good old fashioned pen and paper when I’m trying to truly understand something by writing it out.

#13     Sep 28, 2019
    murray t turtle and comagnum like this.
  4. %%
    Exactly;
    pen + paper = much more reliable, cheaper.Some times a pen fails, cut that loss+ get another pen; I like blue ,black, green,+ red...……………………………………………………………………………….

#14     Sep 29, 2019
    remogul92 likes this.