How to Handle Loss

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by remogul92, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Thanks. I'm a noob. I just figured more experienced traders would have had to deal with loss before and wanted to know what other people did.

#41     Aug 21, 2019
  2. Yeah. Shortly after I registered in 2013 life took me in a TOTALLY different direction than I planned. I'm finally getting back to a point where I can focus on trading.

Yeah. Shortly after I registered in 2013 life took me in a TOTALLY different direction than I planned. I'm finally getting back to a point where I can focus on trading.

#42     Aug 21, 2019
  3. T
    Thanks. I appreciate the advice. I need stuff to get me back on track.

#43     Aug 21, 2019
  4. Frankly, I'm not all that experienced of a trader yet - been at it well under a year. But I've got enough length and breadth of life experience, both involving losses and in general, that I have a pretty good clue about handling and recovering from adversity. It's a skill - and one of things I like about trading is that it forces you to acquire it if you're going to succeed.

#44     Aug 21, 2019
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Welcome back. Hope we can both learn how to trade from some of the experts here.

Good luck.

#45     Aug 22, 2019
  6. Amahrix

Amahrix

Read them twice over.

#46     Aug 22, 2019
  7. leaving emotions aside, after that, it is time to objectively analyze why we have lost and how we can improve and finally put aside fear to lose

#47     Jan 30, 2020
    bulls95, remogul92 and Nobert like this.
  8. bulls95

bulls95

Well said. Reviewing is the best way to handles losses. that helps you learn from mistakes and avoid them too.

#48     Feb 25, 2020
    remogul92 likes this.
  9. %%
    YES,best way on trading losses is cut back on size; or stop trading=unless you have a real low hit rate.Hate losses, so i tend to call them business expences LOL.
    [ALSO note the difference in drawdowns + losses.On right right side of like, a 50or 200dma SPY or QQQ trend= OK. But a co that went bankrupt, like DAL, AMR,LEH, don't trade those from the long side @ all. Even more so when, they keep doing dumb stiff like DAL CeO noting he is buying a billion bucks of carbon credits.......................................................................]

#49     Feb 26, 2020
    remogul92 likes this.