How to know if you can make a living by trading(Personal level)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Randalli, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Randalli

Randalli

1 Your thoughts are unique, you firmly believe in your thoughts, people around you cannot understand your thoughts, and even think you are a different kind

2 You are alone

3 You don’t need to communicate with others in terms of transactions, and you don’t want to communicate.

4 Your success cannot be taught to others

5 No matter if the market goes down or up, your heart is calm

Leob and dennis86 like this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Like any other business, you have to develop a process that works consistently and have adequate capital. You will not know until you do it.

3. Randalli

Randalli

Your level is too low, you don't understand what I'm talking about

CarolSciurus likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

My "level" is based on 40 years in the business of which I made a good living trading for 25 years with no losing years and very few losing months. Maybe your question needs to be more specific.

5. Randalli

Randalli

No offense, no arguing.
    Experience is valuable for other jobs, but little value for transactions. Comprehension is the most important thing.
    For example: Many people cannot make money after trading for a lifetime, and a small number of people can make a living from trading in just a few months
    I don’t want to comment on your performance, because it’s too good, and novices will believe it.

6. fan27

fan27

Do you have an edge?
    Will you know when your edge is know longer working?
    Can you find new edges?
    Do you have enough trading capital and money for living expenses?
    Can you follow a trading plan?

These are the things that matter. The items you mentioned are irrelevant if you don't have the items listed above in place.

birdman, KCalhoun and SimpleMeLike like this.
  7. Randalli

Randalli

What you are talking about is too low level. This level cannot be traded for a living. To understand what I’m talking about, you need a higher level.

CarolSciurus likes this.
  8. GotherL

GotherL

It's difficult to teach success to others since a ton of it comes from intuition of the market or intuition with the trade your about to get in.

Also, the mental aspect of trading like discipline, patience etc. You will find it easier to teach a dog not to wag it's tail.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  9. hilmy83

hilmy83

what you're talking about is too low level. you need higher level to understand what randalli is talking about.

10. Vtechno

Vtechno

I'm not Diablo 2 hardcore campaign level 99 Sorceress, maybe level 10, but your point #5 doesn't matter.

I think what you're getting at is good trading is boring. Things can be boring but your heart rate can still be up. Car racing, flying or other similar high risk/involvement activities become somewhat 'boring' over time due to repetitiveness but the heart rate is still up due to the nature of task.

#10     Jun 27, 2021
    Nobert likes this.