I have an idea for an app

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Smart Money, Feb 1, 2022.

1. I have an idea for an app. But I don’t know how to get it made. I tried advertising on Facebook and got a barrage of responses from people in foreign countries. I live in a college town. What’s the trick to finding somebody who can write an app for me?

2. Hmmm, sorry not directly answering your question, I'd just be careful who you have help you or who you hire. Wouldn't be too hard for them to take your idea and run if it's something unique or you're looking for it to be widely used.

If it's just something for personal use or something minor... than I would just keep looking. Sometimes you can find decent coders, who don't charge a lot. I know someone that codes, but he is pretty busy working on stuff for me right now, he doesn't really have time for a big project. If it's something very minor. I can run it by him.

3. Overnight

Overnight

Try Usenet. If you have to ask here what that is, you are not ready to be an app developer.

*hint It is not social media*

Work for it, dude.

4. Thanks. I’ll look into it. You’re right, I absolutely am not ready to be an app developer. That’s why I’m trying to find one.

5. ondafringe

ondafringe

Might try this place. My brother finds people through them from time to time.

https://www.upwork.com/

6. S2007S

S2007S

I had an idea years ago, only told a few people and funny thing is some years later it actually came out. It was an investment vehicle I had an idea for, long story short the actual product is being used today but don't think it has caught on just yet.

Sitting on another idea but hesitant to give it a whirl.

7. Just do it)

8. Hi, something that helps in software development is to put some wireframes together, they are kind of schematics of how your application should look like.

https://balsamiq.com/learn/articles/what-are-wireframes/

As they are black and white, they can be scribbled quickly in a day. Then you can explain your ideas to a developer much easier and find out how much would it take to get it done.