I have data subscription yet I get this message

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TimtheEnchanter, Oct 23, 2020.

1. "Data on this screen is not updated" well, UPDATE IT! The software is telling me something that should have been done? WTF? Does anyone know what is the next step other than trying to google it?

2. Never mind I found out. I am paying $15 for market data but for that, they do not give me a synchronized chart update?

3. Did you try the online chat to ask IB directly? I keep hearing that their customer service sucks, but other than it being a bit slow to get a rep during market hours they are typically reasonably helpful. Other questions:
    1) Do you have multiple accounts (or sub-accounts)? I don't think data permissions are a blanket thing and you need to set them up for each account.
    2) Since you have a live account, create a paper account as well. You can pretty much do anything in those, so it's worth seeing if you get the same messages in that environment.

4. No, their website states that to get a synchronized SMART chart, one has to subscribe to that! (I am not sure how much)
    I have a ticket submitted to see if/when I get permission for options and futures, the App just does not react when I try to trade MES. They already told me about the increased margin but I daytrade only. I would not keep index futures overnight. The OP issue has been explained by a google search. I just found out how to open a ticket and yet to find out about their chat service.

5. I am somewhat concerned because in the simulated ES trade they list commission as 2.20 per side! That is not what the deal is...