I have read "Trading in the Zone" but still struggling with psychology

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by addminuslast, Jul 2, 2019.

1. REDP1800

REDP1800

guys would be full on max size in the grains and be shitting there brains out at the CME. yes full position limit.. if you traded and it was a voaltile day the bathroom was the last place you wanted be.. liquid 1 and 2.. look it is called self confidence in your ability and being able to take on risk the more you complicate it the worse off you are going to be. I need help.. it the psychology. well if you want help for free from 94,000 elite traders then maybe state what is really going on with your own psychology.. no way anyone who actually traded and made 7 figures doesn't know himself.. man. it is just a few tweaks of my psychology lol and i will be back at a milli for sure.. wtf.

#31     Jul 14, 2019
  2. REDP1800

REDP1800

no one ever cures what you are talking about. that is either something you love or hate. it is trading and taking risk.. no one ever really knows for sure that Trump is going to tweet about china unless they know him and lots of big banks do know him and do get info but that is so far from making a million anyways. this never disappoints me

#32     Jul 14, 2019
  3. %%
    Good question, Steve T T. If you did that, it could have taught you not to waste money on what an elite trader called ''pscho-babble LOL-LOL'':D:D, :D:D:D:D:D:D

As far as ''feelings to revenge trade'' or in my case , my guts/feelings try to get me out of trend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early- so dont act on dumb feelings -Murray T T

#33     Jul 15, 2019
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The first time I ever heard of an financial institution that had an in house psycho therapist for its traders was Citigroup. Later, I heard about other financial institutions having psychologists, psycho therapists, performance coaches and so on via whatever title they gave them...

These were billion dollars financial institutions trying to protect their traders that manage or traded their money...millions of dollars.

Around the same time, I started hearing about top athletes hiring performance coaches (there's those words again) and then I started hearing about a famous hospitals doing the same, police departments and returning soldiers from combat.

I started thinking, everybody in the whole world are not going crazy while trying to do their job...right ?

What's going on...can the pressures & job be that impactful on your quality of life or job performance ?

Then I started thinking about all those stories and slangs about "going postal on someone" involving problems at the job. People just flip out...not themselves for a few minutes, hours, days, weeks or months. All those Youtube videos of people fighting in public, fighting at sport arenas even parents attacking a pitcher (little kid) that just struck out their kid in some baseball game.

Many of these stories are not about someone that was mentally ill...they are about someone that just snap...lost control of their emotions when they were not getting help or stopped getting help.

People are on edge for many reasons just in case you don't pay attention to what's going on in your neighborhood, city, social media or TV.

Therefore, the next time you see a trader lose control or blow up their trading account in a single day or within a very short duration, someone start throwing punches because they lost the competition, someone murders someone, road rage or someone that commits suicide...

You can tell them to their face or to the face of their loved ones...

Imagine these posts being real conversations at dinner with girls or wives around and fellow traders.. sounds like a bunch of pussies.

Dude grow up :D

wrbtrader

#34     Jul 15, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.