I haven't read good reviews about any Forex brokers

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 1a2b3cppp, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Ah, something we can agree on, I guess you better go and do some research in that case.

#41     Mar 15, 2009
  2. lol, who? FXCM and the like? Don't make me laugh, most if not all of those firms trade on their own behalf :D

#42     Mar 15, 2009
  3. Again you post without any first-hand experience or research.

Oanda fill up to 7m more or less instantly, that's fact not supposition, try it.

You don't like bucketshops? Fine, trade wherever you want to. Some of us do like bucketshops though and find them ideal for the way we trade, get over it :D

#43     Mar 15, 2009
  4. Oh right, so according to you it's ok if your broker has zero integrity, I see....I'm sure there are dozens of firms who would welcome you and your money (assuming they haven't taken it all already!)

#44     Mar 15, 2009
  5. I already mentioned I don't use their charts but I find your claim hard to believe, I guess a screenshot is out of the question?

Hmmm....

#45     Mar 15, 2009
  6. IluvVol

IluvVol

Dude, you are wrong on so many counts, you are laughable. You want me to list again how many times you REALLY got it wrong, for all to see? Shut up when you dont know what is going on. If you want to advise some beginners then get your fuxxing facts STRAIGHT, sir.

1) you claimed Oanda feeds are very comparable to Reuters? Are you joking? You are comparing one of the bucketshop made-up feeds (admittadly the most reputable among the buckets) against the industry standard which all professionals use to price off their options and other fx related derivatives? -> While there are some complainers in the OANDA scam thread, it really speaks for itself when you read just the 2 most updated pages. Oanda cannot even manage the load to display a chart and quotes alongside, the app simple cant handle it, laughable programming skills, to say the very least!!!

2) Not all brokers who offer MT4 are bucketshops. 2 examples. MBTrading and ACT Brokers. Their spreads are super tight, both charge commission but the feeds are very good, especially during news releases. Your claim ALL brokers who offer MT4 are bucket shops is WRONG, both above mentioned ones run off an ECN price feed.

3) You claim OANDA can easily handle up to 7mln USD trades? Are you joking? I had to call in and negotiate very hard for them to let me trade frequent 5mln USD orders without trade rejection. (they wanted assurances of minimum holding periods which they finally backed off from) Same happened to my co-worker for his PA who works as fx trader for 20 years now. What is your track record? 6 months ? ;-)

4) you said "You don't like bucketshops? Fine, trade wherever you want to. Some of us do like bucketshops though and find them ideal for the way we trade, get over it"
    ----> my only comment: No, YOU like bucketshops, NOBODY ELSE. Everybody else prefers less outages over more, less slippage over more, less price manipulation over more, tighter spreads over wider spreads, deeper liquidity over less. Dude you really have ZERO clue of this business. At least dont bull shit the other starters here to even consider bucket shops for fx trading and dont encourage people with 500 USD in their account to put on real trades, its highly irresponsible of you.

5) Your comment: "Scaling up from 1k is an easy exercise once you have developed the skills and discipline necessary to produce consistent returns"
    --> All points to you being a complete beginner, which is totally ok. You trade micro lots, you love bucket shops, maybe because you cannot cough up the minimum required to open an account with a reputable broker. Whatever it is, DONT BEHAVE as if you had years of trading experience because you CLEARLY DO NOT!!!

You should really tone down your lingo especially in light of having gotten so many facts wrong.

BTW, I am happy to take a screen shot the next time I see this on OANDA, I will keep you posted.

#46     Mar 15, 2009
  7. According to Oanda, maximum order size for a single trade is 10 mm - but you can do multiple 10 mm trades if you want.

Did they really tell you are not allowed to trade 5+ mm ?

#47     Mar 15, 2009
  8. IluvVol

IluvVol

Yeah, according to BS and Leh CEOs they were all doing fine up the day they went belly up. How credible is that?

I did not say below. I said my orders were sometimes rejected and I had to call in to clarify what is going on. Despite them never having told me why those were rejected the impression I got was that they discouraged traders from trading in and out of positions in very short time intervals at such size. Of course they would never say that but they at least they asked me to keep trades in such size open for some specified time, which I find rediculous.

#48     Mar 15, 2009
  9. Strewth, are we at the abuse stage already, that doesn't usually come until the point where the other party can't say anything sensible....oh, no wait, we're there already I've just read the rest of your post! Changing your alias doesn't seem to have helped you much :D

No I'm not joking. Oandas quotes are derived from the underlying market and their liquidity providers, they have to be otherwise their exposure to risk would be unsustainable not to mention bad business practice.
    I can only speak from my own personal experience. A while back I had access to Reuters 3000 Xtra and made a point of comparing quotes between them and Oanda and CMC during non-volatile liquid market conditions. I found quotes were comparable on both Oanda and CMC, and I could see no significant price discrepancies between Reuters and Oanda over and above acceptable shading. CMC were a slightly different story. If your experience is otherwise then please post screenshots or a short video of both price feeds during non-volatile liquid market conditions to support your argument.
    I don't know what you mean about Oanda's charts and quotes, I've never had a problem with quotes and as I've now told you several times I don't use their charts.

What I actually said was "MT4 has always been synonymous with some questionable Russian based brokers underhand methods to separate clients from their cash", and that stigma still exists. According to some reviews from knowledgeable-sounding traders ACT's spreads and execution are terrible and they are both way too expensive compared to the competition. Both carry on trading as an integral part of their business.

I was wrong, turns out it 10m (thanks Pippi). Either way it's highly unlikely that what you say happened actually happened, do you have a live chat or portal ticket transcript? Oanda has every opportunity to hedge your trades with their liquidity providers, at a better price, why would they refuse the revenue your trades produce? If for some reason they couldn't hedge exposure and their loss is excessive then they will simply bust the trade later, it's a win win for them. If on the other hand you were attempting to exploit latency then of course they will protect themselves by whatever means they see fit, it's obviously in every client's interest that they remain solvent and not exposed to the 'quick-buck-at-the-brokers-expense' brigade.

lol, are you seriously saying I'm their only client! Yeah, ok :D

Oanda's platform has been stable for well over 6 months now with very rare outages, spreads are .9 on Eur/Usd, significant slippage is extremely rare, as previously explained quote (not price, they don't manipulate the market) manipulation is now at a minimum although problems did exist, liquidity is not an issue as previously explained.
    You don't seem to understand that the dollar amount of an account isn't relevant, the important issues are risk:reward, win:lose, and percentages. Dollar amounts don't come into it. With $500, even with $50, it's still possible for a trader to exercise sensible money and risk management with shops like Oanda simply because of their no-minimum trade policy, they are an ideal choice for a beginner as well as more experienced traders alike.

I've been in the business a while now but that's not important, neither is the amount of equity I have available for trading or my trade size. If you understood what trading is all about then you wouldn't make such inane comments. If it makes you happy or supports your argument in some way then take it that I have a $5 account and trade for .001c per pip, how's that?

On the contrary I've got my facts perfectly straight, I think you'll find it's you who bases your opinions on assumptions and theory. Out of interest have you every actually traded this or any market?

I look forward to it.

Normally I wouldn't bother helping someone like you by explaining basic stuff like this (either you're a troll or you desperately lack the wherewithal to make it in this business) but my replies aren't really for your benefit, other people read these forums.

Please feel free to argue your points and I will reply. Personal attacks do nothing to support your argument, if anything they demonstrate that you don't actually have any valid point to make so resort to name calling which I am obviously not going to waste my time responding to in future.

#49     Mar 15, 2009
  10. IluvVol

IluvVol

you cheap trick. You help nobody. You call others liars without proof and in turn manipulate others' posts to make it sound they wrote what you in turn display to the board. I and others filed official complaints about you but you still troll around. I have been trading in size for over 10 years and you come along and tell us some bs about how stable Oanda has been the past 6 months and how you believe in micro lot trading? This speaks for yourself you little wanna-be know-it-all.

Everyone on this board knows that Oanda does not deliver the same liquidity/depth, spreads, and stable price feed than an ECN based broker can. How can you even dare to challenge that??? I dont get it.

#50     Mar 15, 2009