I really like the Tradovate platform and customer service people

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SelfMadeDude, Jun 1, 2022.

1. However, I have to wonder about the safety of my funds with them as an FCM.

They will be migrating my account to Tradovate FCM (from Dorman) in a few weeks and I have to wonder about the "funds segregation"

I saw in their CFTC FCM data from more than a decade ago that they had $0 funds segregated....

Thoughts y'all?

2. virtusa

virtusa

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Laissez Faire likes this.

3. Interesting stats on NinjaTrader, the parent company no doubt.....

But my understanding is that the Tradovate brand will continue as a separate company.....like ETrade and Morgan Stanley.

Please correct me if I am misinformed...thank you

4. virtusa

virtusa

ninja.jpg

5. hilmy83

hilmy83

i can never understand why AMP customer capital is so low lol. They have the lowest commissions and offer literally all the platforms out there. Can someone tell me why?

6. Overnight

Overnight

Because AMP deals with only futures and FOPS. Which goes to show that the most heavily-intensive capital-carry is with stocks.

zdreg and hilmy83 like this.
  7. I'd love it if Ninjatrader would offer Tradovate.

I'm fairly happy with Ninjatrader as a broker, but I miss automated account activity/statements. Hell, I'm not even asking that much. Just let me watch a simple P&L graph online and save me from having to plot these things manually in Excel from PDFs.

8. hilmy83

hilmy83

i was thinking of switching to ninja for automated trading feature, but their micro commissions are expensive

9. Overnight

Overnight

Your trading software does not have a journaling feature?

10. I'm confused. How can I trade CL, PL, PA, SI, NQ, etc. commission free for a year for just $2400 a year? This makes no sense. I pay a fortune in commissions at IBKR and TOS. What is the catch? I must be missing something.

#10     Jun 2, 2022