IB get your head out of your XXX and fix the charts

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by gwac, Oct 17, 2008.

1. gwac

gwac

Why is it everyone else has better charts, looking at these goddam straight lines is f ing pathetic. Fix it....Use some of that 4 billion dollars you go on about in your comercial.

2. rc5781

rc5781

XXX Deleted by Moderator

3. jsv416

jsv416

I used to be at IB and had to leave because of the horrible charting overall poor software...

4. QuoteTracker has excellent charting software for about $60 bucks a year ...

5. Tums

Tums

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2129528#post2129528
    http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2130033#post2130033

6. pcvix

pcvix

Thanks for the helpful links, Tums.

7. abe12345

abe12345

"Greater returns through superior technology" I think they claim.

8. sogodo

sogodo

it's what I used, initially for free (with some scarce limitations), then paying $60/yr for full version.
    Actually, I hate that QuoteTracker is mostly oriented to Ameritrade customers, and even paid version is castrated a little bit.
    Also, you cannot program much strategies in Quotetracker.

I found that Amibroker has the best features in many aspect that other, even much more expensive software, just lacks. The script language is so easy and powerful!

Not everybody knows that it's possible to trade visually from charts, using Amibroker, now. It's especially helpful to quickly and visually place bracket orders on the Amibroker charts to IB.

just my 2 cents

9. If you have IB and you are not using the Ninja charting, then I don't know what to tell you.

I have had Esignal, live charts from Quote.com the company esignal bought and IQCharts among others. All three of these are money in their own regards.

If IB had top notch charting I would expect them to charge. Look at how people get the shaft in traditional retail firms. I won't even name all the ones I have gone through. Over 7.

Final thought. IB should buy Etrades platform now that they are in distress. you know like throw them a few million for the license and stuff. I am sure they would take it.

That would fix the problem.

10. Ninja is free if you want to place trades with the TWS. If you are complaining about IB's charts then you must be trading with TWS. Dang, go get Ninja... it's at Ninjatrader.com... dl it, it is the easiest environment by far to learn a little C# programming on your own too.... did I mention Ninjatrader?

Disclaimer: anybody that would affiliate with me does not know what they are doing, Ninjatrader guys know what they are doing.. Probably Quotetracker guys too..

#10     Nov 23, 2008