IB - How many liquidity providers do they have now?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by travelingtrader, Jun 1, 2005.

1. The liquidity is excellent. Fathoms deeper than many would require. Just posting follow-up as today yen pair bid/offer size is bigger than several days ago, but not the super size viewed on Friday, june 10th

Typically this market will serve more than most could eat.

#21     Jun 13, 2005
  2. virgin

virgin

What's the typical spread and liquidity
    at the best bid/offer for the EUR/USD
    at London and NY hours ?

#22     Jun 13, 2005
  3. I think you will find that once the current size on the bid/ask is gobbled up, it is immediately replaced - so don't let the sizes here fool you into how liquid it is. It is vastly liquid.

MK

#23     Jun 13, 2005
  4. Xenia

Xenia

Additional idea:

There is more info if you look at the field 'GIVE-UP' (i.e. add to your layout)

in your execution window. Maybe this field will identify the liquidity provider (?).

#24     Jul 9, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

1 pip and usually they are right on top of each other. You can go inbetween and usually get your price in normal market conditions. I have been using IB more and more for forex (I have only been a customer for 4 months). They give the best spreads IMO. Very tight. Especially in the crosses. The only spread that I have seen and NOT liked it the USD/CAD---sometimes it will tighten up---but most of the time it is too wide.

#25     Jul 9, 2005
  6. Remiraz

Remiraz

Go IB go!!! Oanda still have the upper hand due to variable lot size start from 1 unit (IB too have it but it starts from 25,000 units) and IB's comm structure which is very punishing for small lot sizes.

#27     Jul 10, 2005
  7. Remiraz

Remiraz

#28     Jul 10, 2005
  8. Don't misunderstad me. I am not large enough to personally switch, but I think IB, is building slowly and is becoming the only honest Forex offered, not that my current market maker is otherwise.

As far as I am concerned its between the two....

I still am confused how IB pays/charges interest, both on the funds in cash and the differential in the pairs.

Michael B.

#29     Jul 10, 2005
  9. Remiraz

Remiraz

As fellow Oandian I'll be glad to lend a helping hand:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/interest.php?ib_entity=llc#credit

Hope to be fellow IBians soon~ ^_^

#30     Jul 10, 2005