IB - How many liquidity providers do they have now?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by travelingtrader, Jun 1, 2005.

1. This is just on cash. Don't pairs pay interest on their leveraged amount at IB? and they are payed once a month, why?

I am looking at this again...so there is the long interest and the short interest...I assume they use the leveraged amount.

And what is this tier 1 and 2 crap? This is spot Forex that I am talkng about folks, not Futures.

Michael B.

P.S. I get 2.8% on my cash currently. After looking at the benchmark history and deducting 0.5%, IB is at around 2.5%. I maintain a USD account for my spot currency trading. But I expect interest to be paid on my leveraged amounts of pairs too. In a USD account AUD/JPY currently pays 126.62% APR (yes, I typed that correctly).

#31     Jul 10, 2005
  2. Here is a ranked table:

#32     Jul 10, 2005
  3. Perhaps this table that Ram provided has all the answers and is staring me in the face...does it consider the leveraged amounts?

The pair: AUD/JPY =

Long AUD and Short JPY

I got to have a cup of coffee
    Michael B.

#33     Jul 10, 2005
  4. Remiraz

Remiraz

Hmmm...I think if u start a thread about IB's interest rates in the Forex Trading forum SteveIB or other IB reps would be happy to answer you. In fact, they answered plenty of my dumb questions every time I posted. :D

#34     Jul 10, 2005
  5. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

-Yes, you will get interest on the leveraged amount.
    -Interest is paid once a month, but accrues on a daily basis.
    -You are comparing IB's June interest rate to your current interest rate. US rates were raised two weeks ago, so the IB rate for July should be higher.

#35     Jul 10, 2005
  6. Thanks Steve at IB,

Its stuff like this that would cause me to switch to IB. Your answers to questions and participation in ET, is a great idea.

Now if I could figure out how to get my size to fit your model. I scale my trades excessivly and a commission structure interferes with my trading style.

It would be awesome if you had Plan A and Plan B. Plan B being a no commish structure perhaps adding to the spread for your income starting with 1-unit trade size...

If you guys added 1-unit no commish starting from 1 unit, you would take over the Retail Spot Forex market.

Michael B.

#36     Jul 11, 2005
  7. Remiraz

Remiraz

Yeah if IB has a "plan B" type of comm structure they'll probably wipe out and monoplise the entire retail Spot Forex market. Who can beat the service and free API?

Though the reps have said they weren't interested in going after the "small retail trader" crowd any time soon. (in fact they said "never" lol)

Too bad I can't deal with IB 100%....i hate dealing with non-pro firms. T_T

#37     Jul 11, 2005
  8. Service? Perhaps I should find out for myself. Most post here about bad service. I should question this. I do not have an account at IB, but I remember years ago when I did, service was a concern of mine from first hand experience. Perhaps it has improved.

Michael B.

#38     Jul 11, 2005