IB new forex spreads

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by oktiri, Feb 27, 2005.

1. def

def Sponsor

I don't think they have been launched yet thus I assume when they are launched. If not, we should be offering them shortly.

#71     Mar 2, 2005
  2. Hayek

Hayek

Thank you, def. I will check the relevant information in other threads.

#72     Mar 3, 2005
  3. Xenia

Xenia

Re: FX Options

CME´s launch date is April 4, 2005.

www.cme.com/about/press/cn/05-14 EuroFXOptions11692.html

#73     Mar 3, 2005
  4. TGM

TGM

Is anyone here trading these daily? Or is everyone waiting for the margin to come down and the hours to be extended? The spreads appear to be tight.

#74     Mar 10, 2005
  5. Have you been happy with your Forex trades made thru IB? their spreads don't seem any tighter than say Refco, and I am certain they are not as tight as Oanda. The one thing about Oanda is as soon as a little volatility hits that spread can widen 10 pips on EUR/USD, does that happen with IB?

Thanks

#75     Mar 16, 2005
  6. roncer

roncer

My experience is that the spread on EURUSD with IB's Ideal Pro stays nearly aways at 2 pips. I have never seen it open up to 10 pips. However I have only been on Ideal Pro for a few days. I will post if ever I do experience such wide spreads.

#76     Mar 20, 2005
  7. While I understand that we as traders want to get the tightest spread we can. But during some major news events I think it is unreasonable to expect spreads to be maintained very tight all the time. Banks will not execute a trade unless they can profit from it. With major event risk, widening the spreads is often the only way they can profit during a brief period when event riskis high.

As has been posted several times, IB has nothing to do with the spreads they show. These are only the best rates they can get at the current time.

MK

#77     Mar 20, 2005
  8. roncer

roncer

OK.......MidKnight that's informative......... thanks.

#78     Mar 20, 2005
  9. The IB website says stop orders are not permitted for forex trades. Can this really be correct? If so, it seems only traders glued to their screens could trade there. If this is incorrect and stop orders are permitted, does IB also allow forex OCO, trailing stop and/or if done OCO orders?

#79     Mar 25, 2005
  10. ozzy

ozzy

All I have to say is one word.

"FUTURES"

It's the way to go.

ozzy

#80     Mar 25, 2005