IB Quotes lag

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by moskvich, Jul 6, 2020.

1. moskvich

moskvich

Anyone experiences that for around the first 30 min of trading lately?
    (my other platform quotes are fine)

2. zdreg

zdreg

There are slow reports at the openings on other platforms.

3. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

My charts are essentially frozen for the first 30 sec to 2 min of the morning which is crap. I can see the level 2 changing and time and sales going by my charts just dont update

4. zdreg

zdreg

Bottlenecks are common at the openings especially with current vol.

5. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

It was fine before in February/March when the market was really crazy. The volume now is less than it was then. So thats not an excuse. Its something on IB's end

TWS will be fine and good for a bit...then they'll do some random updates in the background and things will get messed up. Im not sure why they cant maintain consistency

6. IB is known for not really having a good datafeed, it's a burst feed for starters and the time and sales is not complete.

7. Zytrade

Zytrade

zdreg likes this.
  8. Once in a while (even in the middle of the trading day) the price does not get updated for one of my tickers. I then click on it and suddenly it gets updated.

A bit annoying when I'm trying to figure out why Eikon tells me one thing and IB tells me a very different thing.

This tends to resolve if I were to restart TWS. (I tend to keep it working all week long so that may exasperate the problem).

9. zdreg

zdreg

exacerbate

10. Congestion usually happens, especially at the start of the day. This is because of the higher volume at the start of the day.

#10     Nov 11, 2020