Iceland refuses to honour international agreements

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Feb 20, 2011.

1. LeeD

LeeD

I just tried following your link, found it didn't work, and posted what I believe is the correct version of your link.

#91     Jul 27, 2011
  2. LeeD

LeeD

#92     Jul 27, 2011
  3. Visaria

Visaria

#93     Nov 23, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

5. #95     Dec 27, 2011
  6. Mvector

Mvector

I would love this - just like voting for Ron Paul tells the establishment left-right contolled oppostion game to;

FU** OFF!

#96     Dec 27, 2011

7. Gave them the finger - and then got upgraded by S&P because they left their financial abusers in the dust.

This is the next shift in thinking.

Anyone is better off without their financial abusers.

#97     Dec 27, 2011
  8. Ed Breen

Ed Breen

I think it is important to reflect that all countries are different. Icelands route was successful because it had a coherent common populaiton without a lot of internal segmentation and more importantly it had a real economy with a production infrastructure in fishing industry and energy. There is no huge labor surplus or immigration issues. They needed to get back to production in the context of an existing infrastructure where existing production was sustaining but for the bank failures.

Ireland could model Iceland as it has a basis to return to production but for the government siezing the tar babay of the banks failures. This is the test case for the Iceland experiment...Iceland compared to Ireland.

Greece and Italy are entirely different. Greece has no productive basis to return to. Italy does not have the coherence that Iceland and Ireland have...its size also presents larger problems and its goverment dominence of the market is much more developed than in either Iceland or Ireland...so the adjustment from political government corruption as a way of life to return to the productive basis is much more difficult.

#98     Dec 27, 2011
  9. zdreg

zdreg

10. luisHK

luisHK

Smart and beautiful Iceland - I didn't notice many chinese while there but this might well change.

#100     Apr 16, 2013