Iceland refuses to honour international agreements

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Maybe one to Greece as well? :D

#81     Jun 16, 2011
  2. Ed Breen

Ed Breen

No, Greece is toast. The simple bottom line truth about debt is that the problem occurs when the aggregate return on assets is less than the service cost of the debt. The only solution to a debt problem is to invest in the creation or maintenance of assets. You have to grow the asset base. Greece is hopeless. Ireland, like Iceland can turn it around...but not by borrowing new debt to roll over old debt, while at the same time starving capital investment in assets.

#82     Jun 16, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

with the PIIG mess Iceland is laughing at the rest of Europe.
    rightfully so.
    If the finance minister had deigned himself to read ET he would be laughing very heartily at the posters who were predicting dire consequences to Iceland because of her actions.

where are the troops?
    oh. they are in libya.

#83     Jul 12, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

#84     Jul 26, 2011
  5. The link doesn't work. What's it about?

#85     Jul 26, 2011
  6. LeeD

LeeD

#86     Jul 26, 2011
  7. #87     Jul 26, 2011
  8. LeeD

LeeD

Open zdreg's original URL, then remove the last letter (which happens to be "s") from the URL... you'll get the link I posted. I doubt it's a pure coincidence.

#88     Jul 26, 2011
  9. DUH! You're right, I should be more observant...

But then I'll have to wait for zdreg to tell me what the significance of this news for Iceland is.

#89     Jul 26, 2011
  10. zdreg

zdreg

correct but I am not sure what u are saying. did u post that link prior to my posting which had an error in it?

#90     Jul 26, 2011