Ideas For Now-

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 27, 2020.

1. The Granolas of Europe- Sanofi is the "s"

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. strategists say that in Europe, the companies that can outperform during the next market cycle are firms with strong balance sheets, low volatility growth and good dividend yields. They’re dubbing them GRANOLAS.

The breakfasty acronym derives from the companies on Goldman’s list: GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Roche Holding AG, ASML Holding NV, Nestle SA, Novartis AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, L’Oreal SA, LVMH, AstraZeneca Plc, SAP SE and-----> Sanofi.

Goldman strategists led by Peter Oppenheimer say that the next phase of the stock market, whether it turns into a new strong bull run or not, is less likely to be driven by an expansion in valuations. Instead, the leaders of the forthcoming market cycle will be companies that are able to generate earnings growth, sustainable dividend payouts and have healthy balance sheets.

#11     Apr 29, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. Gilead remdesivir trial for Covid-19 meets primary target
    Apr. 29, 2020 8:33 AM ET|

Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) says it’s aware of positive data emerging from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases’ ("NIAID") study of the investigational antiviral remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19.

“We understand that the trial has met its primary endpoint and that NIAID will provide detailed information at an upcoming briefing,” company says.

The NIAID trialaimed to sign up 600-800 patients and give a definitive answer as to whether remdesivir can help treat the virus.

>>> This has implications for BCRX....

#12     Apr 29, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. Uh Oh there it goes up 14% --- Try and buy at open----
    3.8200+0.48 (14.37%)
    Pre-Market:9:03AM EDT BCRX

#13     Apr 29, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. Jesus folks BCRX may be up 15% !!! But remember it has drifted lower this week the stk was at
    $3.65 Monday so it's really only up 5%-7% -- I have buys in...

#14     Apr 29, 2020
  5. <<<Ideas For Now Summer Trading Portfolio>>>

SNY: 51.00

GNRC: 100.00

AAWW: 29.00

LJPC: 6.80

BCRX: Pending

#15     Apr 29, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. WATCH LIST:

AJRD-

WPC-- Research pending// Earnings report pending

BEP-- Earnings soon....

IRM

CASY

MYOK

#16     Apr 29, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. You can see the futures really perked up with the Bio news. It has in fact trumped the GDP news. Very lucky break I think for all of us. We can kind of carve out now this time period between now and the 2nd QTR GDP report and hopefully ride this market up and then pull the rip cord.

Key themes to maybe emerge: Those that can pay dividends and promise to do so are rewarded.

Those that will offer guidance and earnings projections and not use the universal Covid excuse
    will be rewarded in a small way. Those that can do that And increase earnings in any fashion in this market probably rewarded very well.

#17     Apr 29, 2020
  8. So we are still pending on BCRX it is all the way back to $3.50 only up 4% and I want to buy right now and I can't get my guy to do it-- his firm has had some sort of communication SNAFU... Now when the market was really melting down I had the same problem couldn't get some sells off.. this remote working with a money manager is not working and makes me very nervous.

#18     Apr 29, 2020
  9. I'm going in on WPC I think--it's up again. Dividend I believe to be safe.
    Apparently firms computers back up and running at 10:0 am... jesus...

#19     Apr 29, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. LJPC-- Technical update** $6.96 -> $8.50 stoned target then $10.90 sell point) ))

Technical Events
    • Double Moving Average Crossover

24 Apr 2020
      DAILY6.83

#20     Apr 29, 2020