Ideas For Now-

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 27, 2020.

1. I love this company- they do among other things the robot arms but it stagnated for me I sold and all these pages later they have since reported great earnings, I was right, but the stock is below where it was pages ago! -Opportunity?

Teradyne upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman Sachs 04:49 TER Goldman Sachs analyst Toshiya Hari upgraded Teradyne to Buy from Neutral with a price target of $107, up from $90, which represents 19% potential upside. The recent compression in the stock's multiple presents an attractive entry point, Hari tells investors in a research note. The analyst believes increasing semiconductor test times due to growth in "device complexity" and further adoption of Teradyne's Industrial Automation solutions will drive "through-cycle growth that exceeds what the company has achieved historically."

#2031     Nov 4, 2020
  2. CuriosityStream (CURI)

Last on our list is CuriosityStream, an educational online video streaming channel devoted to ‘factual’ content. The site offers streaming services to subscribers, and boasts an audience of 13 million worldwide. It was first launched in 2015 by John Hendricks, who is best known for creating the Discovery Channel, the popular science-oriented cable channel, back in 1985.

CuriosityStream went public at the end of the summer, through a merger deal with the ‘blank check’ special purpose acquisition company Software Acquisition. When the CURI ticker started trading earlier this month, on the NASDAQ exchange, it saw an almost immediate 10% price spike.

The surge in interest in CURI was due in part to its public debut, but also to the company’s reputation and track record. CuriosityStream has received positive news coverage over the years from the New York Times, the LA Times, and the Wall Street Journal. It has also been nominated for 15 awards since 2016, for its science content and production quality, and has won 5 of those.

Writing the first review on file for CURI shares is Zack Silver of B. Riley securities. He writes, “Our constructive view on CURI starts with a belief that consumers will continue to adopt SVOD as both a replacement and a complement to traditional linear TV… CURI launched its SVOD offering worldwide in 2015 and began to significantly ramp investments in marketing and content in 2018. Mr. Hendricks believes 40% of global viewers are interested in consuming factual programming; our recent survey work suggests that this number is closer to 80% in the U.S.”

Silver initiates coverage of the stock with a Buy rating and a $16 price target that implies an impressive 45% one-year upside potential

#2032     Nov 4, 2020
  3. This was $5.79 Monday!
    TerrAscend Corp. (TRSSF)

6.78+0.38 (+5.94%)<-------------------
    At close: November 3 3:59PM EST

$1 move.....
    Vol--> 529,663
    Avg. Volume -->224,976

This my instinct says is the one. I should of bought yesterday but quite frankly I missed it....
    2020 elections: 5 states pass legal marijuana measures, potentially growing industry by $9 billion

#2033     Nov 4, 2020
  4. Election 2020: Mixed results for cannabis, Curaleaf seen as a winner
    Nov. 4, 2020 7:44 AM ET|About: Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CURLF)|
    Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Pablo Zuanic weighs in on the cannabis industry after the election results. He notes a GOP Senate is less bullish for the industry, but notes that there are 8 Republican Senators now from recreational states (MT, SD, AK, and MI one or two) that may be supportive of marijuana reform.

In regard to individual stocks, Zuanic says Curaleaf Holdings (OTCPK:CURLF) is a clear beneficiary of recreational approval in New Jersey (where it has #1 share) and Arizona (#2 share). He also notes that Neutral-rated Harvest Health (OTCQX:HRVSF) generates 50% of its sales from Arizona.

#2034     Nov 4, 2020
  5. I'm getting my pot stock email together...

Dear MM at a hedge fund.

The election was good for NJ. Please send my paperwork to NJ. Moving to NJ. Please take a minimum distribution from my IRA and buy CURLF & TRSSF.

#2035     Nov 4, 2020
  6. OH BABY!!! Van do we close this thread and start another? Tell me what to do I've never seen a 200 page thread before but I have suddenly been hit with a surge of stock picking energy.. just when I was winding down....

Is it annoying for people to read this one with so many of the early ideas cycled through?
    Or is the rather ambiguous and genius title to the thread Ideas For Now make it a perpetual presence because ' now' keeps changing...

#2036     Nov 4, 2020
  7. It looks like the Senate remains Republican. This could mean less financial aid to the people...
    and certainly a lot less to the cities falling apart. Not good for stocks.

#2037     Nov 4, 2020
  8. OMG here we go_____

Corsair Gaming price target raised to $30 from $25 at Wedbush 08:25 CRSR Wedbush analyst Michael…

This was up $2 yesterday or 8% what the hell was I looking at yesterday!!!! How did I miss two sticks... This damn election....

VAN YOU ARE NOT SHORT THIS ARE YOU?????

#2038     Nov 4, 2020
  9. i want to buy these 3!!!!

1-CRSR-

2- TRSSF-

3- CURLF-

#2039     Nov 4, 2020
  10. Philips expands home care portfolio for COPD with non-invasive ventilator » 08:12 PHG

Hummmm. At home non invasive ventilator wouldn't that come in handy if you had Covid....

#2040     Nov 4, 2020