If AAPL is not the most innovative company, then who is?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jamie J., Sep 8, 2016.

1. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Lately, there is a lot of controversy regarding Apple products. Some believe that it is a complete zero, while others believe in the future of this technology. What do you think? Did Apple really lose the title of innovative leader? And who will be able to take this place over the years?

2. Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Simples likes this.
  3. southall

southall

Computing technology approaching limits due to heat, size of atoms, speed of light..
    Chips are still getting faster but not at the rate they used to, so rate of innovation slows down as well.

comagnum likes this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

They've just released a improved 6S and 6S+ basically a 6SS, guess there running out of things to innovate.

I like the 2x's and 10x's seperate cameras on the + mind, nice idea always wanted a proper zoom on my phone, use it, well only on the beach :)

At this point, after 2 years we are just replacing a worn handset with a new 1 and a few tweaks, nothing more, the jump from a 3 to 4 was GREAT, then the 5 was sooo much slimmer still lovely devices.

* Not that I have an Iphone any more!

5. comagnum

comagnum

Has Apple actually ever invented anything? Steve Jobs said they had always been shameless about stealing great ideas. They redesigned and marketed their own version of products they copied from other other companies, adding improvements in style and intuitive interfaces and have been able to pump their price way up over their competitors comparable product - they are innovative in style and marketing for sure. IBM is working on neural computers that learn - that's innovative. I had my new $29 cell out the other day with a gang out for lunch, a few Iphone owners freaked out when they checked it out and realized it did everything their $600 Iphone did.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    d08 likes this.
  6. Speaking of that, I wonder if/when they will get graphene processors going...that will be a couple decades worth of speed improvements in one big jump if I'm not mistaken. Huge potential there for processors.

7. southall

southall

Yeah but other smartphones before the iphone were rubbish i had symbian and windows smart phone in 2004 and 2006, And they just crashed all the time.
    Then the iphone came out on rock solid unix based iOS and the UI was based on inertial scrolling with your fingers instead of a stylus. It actually worked.

d08 likes this.
  8. comagnum

comagnum

Our taxes paid for a lot of the Iphone R&D via federaly funded inventions. Than there is a lot of the technology they bought from domestic & international companies, than there is what they took from the legacy smartphones. IBM had the first smartphone in 1992 (Simon) - touch screen, email, Fax and half a dozen apps.. When the carrier technology supported broadband all Apple had to do was to do what they do best - take existing disparate technologies already developed and integrate them into their product.

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

#10     Sep 8, 2016
    FCXoptions likes this.