If you don't have laptop, when traveling around countries? How to run Trading apps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TradeTune, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Hi,

I think title of thread tells everything. If i want to run full version of IB TWS or Tradestation, without having to download it on someones desktop and extracting it.

I know you can't install them on external drive and run it from there .. is there a way around it ? Thanks.

2. destriero

destriero

Complex fix. Buy a laptop.

3. drm7

drm7

Rent a VPS and install it there. Log into VPS from remote computer and do your thing. Speedytradingservers dot com (no affiliation) or simply an AWS/Google Cloud instance should work, as long as you have a good ping to whatever server you are using.

VPhantom, TradeTune and zdreg like this.
  4. Thank you ,, i didn't know that.

destriero likes this.
  5. Interesting .. can you explain how AWS /google cloud instance, i looked and not sure which products on cloud from them i need to apply for .. thanks for suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  6. p0box4

p0box4

Even better: don't trade while traveling.

When working a regular job one also takes time off during traveling. I never understood why these questions get asked, are some really that addicted that they go nuts when they can not check the markets for a few days ..

VPhantom and apdxyk like this.
  7. right, i'm not trading. Just want test Ideas on these platforms during my travel

8. xandman

xandman

TradeTune likes this.
  9. xandman

xandman

There's also Windows on a USB stick and PC on a USB stick where you can "side load" TWS.

TradeTune likes this.
  10. I was thinking of buying a USB stick where i can run apps ...any USB stick model recommendation? Thnak you

#10     Jun 30, 2020