I'm going to mostly cash in Long-Term portfolio

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qlai, Nov 19, 2021.

1. i guess i won't win any popularity contests with revisiting an old thread-- we now have the russian edition of keeping some assets in bitcoin etc. capital controls, run on banks, crashing currency etc. i read somewhere that russians aren't allowed to leave the country with over $10K. if only there was a scarce asset that could be accessed from anywhere in the world without a traditional banking system... :rolleyes:

#151     Mar 2, 2022
  2. tomkat22

tomkat22

I'm hearing reports of brokers not allowing traders to buy the Russian ETF(RSX),can only sell. Is this the brokers making a political statement or what?

#152     Mar 2, 2022
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This opinion I had in November ended up being fairly accurate. Those who bailed early on still have the same dilemma now.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    #153     Mar 29, 2022
  4. VicBee

VicBee

With April around the corner, my 1 trimester assessment is, I got back in the market a bit too early (early Feb) and would have benefited from waiting until mid March.
    The last 2 weeks f March have blown all my expectations for the year (still early..), thanks mainly to Tesla’s jump, but all other investments are close to within 10% of their peak or at least my buy price.
    Now comes the arduous recovery effort from extensive realized losses.

#154     Mar 29, 2022
  5. themickey

themickey

I had a bit of a heavy drawdown, didn't sell anything because some metals were propping me up, but the last 2 weeks had been the strongest recovery weeks ever, made several months of gains, very strong moves. I had been buying into the falls as well.

#155     Mar 29, 2022
    VicBee likes this.