Influenza outbreak - already killed at least 73 people in Australia this year

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by OddTrader, Sep 7, 2017.

1. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...k/news-story/04f663dbe5dde7a7755f85bf8839d41d
    [​IMG]Annual Australian laboratory confirmed flu numbers. Picture: Department of HealthSource:Supplied

2. mlawson71

mlawson71

I am seriously considering getting a vaccine shot this year. I had the flu back in April and it was a terrible experience. Scary too.

vanzandt likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm with you. I started getting it last year. Few years before that were just plain miserable. Last year was very mild.

4. Not me. 73 people died out of 24 million people? You're going to have to do better than that to scare me. 300 people drown in the bathtub every year, but I'm not about to stop getting in the bath.

5. Oh man. This market really spins my head.
    I thought I read "Affluenza outbreak - ... kills 73 people ..."
    I need holidays 10 days back from holidaying !!!!

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I wasn't just miserable, to be honest. I was downright scared. I developed a bronchitis and there was a real possibility for that to turn into a pneumonia, despite the antibiotics I was prescribed. Which,in turn, messed with my digestion for months on end after. The whole process was awful and I'd much rather prevent it from happening again if I can. :(

Tsing Tao likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

It may not kill ya.... but man you'll feel like death.
    Hey.... when we're in regular market hours and VZ doesn't want to sit in front of screens and trade.... trust me.... its fucking bad. Seriously.
    If you're a recluse... no problem; you won't get sick. But if you're around people... you ain't Superman bro. Trust me on this one too.

8. mlawson71

mlawson71

Even if you are a recluse you can still get infected from a family member. I got it from a family member, then the entire household got it. We were all miserable for weeks.

9. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic ???

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I remember lying on the sofa, one foot up the other on the floor, sprawled out in misery, telling my wife to go get the gun from the safe and put me down.

#10     Sep 21, 2017